Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RGG Soldier Help

Good morning,

I started a Thread on this in the Individual Research Forum to try to confirm his name, but wanted to post it here as well to see if any of our RGG/HG experts can shed some light on where he may have fought based on his abteilung. I did a search on the web, but can't find much below the Division level. Also, the HG book I have is a little confusing as it lists numerous reorganizations around the time period that this was issued.

I'm trying to determine if the 11 Kompanie was the Wach-Zug, or part of the Scheinwerfer and where he may have ended up (Russia, Sicily, Italy, etc..)

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance and best regards!

Bob
    Attached Files

100 views and nobody is willing to help?

Comment

Hello !

I am certainly no expert on this, but as nobody answered yet, I'll try to make a start.
      The best online source regarding this unit I know, is www.ww2.dk. I do not know, whether you saw it already :
      http://www.ww2.dk/ground/goering/flakgg.htm

According to that site, the III./GG was the Scheinwerfer-Abt. It served in France under I.Flak-Korps,
      and in Oct. 40 returned to Berlin. It participated in Babarossa with Flak-Rgt. GG until Nov. 41 and then returned
      to Munich, where it was reorganized into Flakscheinwerfer-Abt. 528 (o), which was in Berlin until the end :
      http://www.ww2.dk/ground/flak/abt/sw528.html

I hope this gives a start, and perhaps someone can add some info on service in France and Russia !

Best regards,

Archi

Comment

I appreciate your willingness to help Archi

I checked out both links and this is a good start. Anybody have rosters for RGG by chance?

Best regards!

Bob

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X