Attached Files

Comment

Mar10 - FJ Graves in Russia - 2
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by W Petz View Post
          Mar10 - FJ in Kreta
          nice,

is that an italian pith and british KD shirt ?

Comment

Originally posted by Gowert View Post
            nice,

is that an italian pith and british KD shirt ?
            And a british water bottle, though I think the pith might be a british example as well.

Jerry

Comment

Gowert,

Many FJ's used captured tropical kit on Kreta...so the pith helmet, shirt and water bottle had been acquired by this very young FJ after the battle was over because their uniforms were to heavy and hot to wear in such tropical conditions. I also have evidence of this when I purchased a large sack full of tropical cloth items at the University flea market not far from Patch Barracks in Stuttgart that turned out to be British and Australian kit out of Kreta. The British Khaki tunic had LW NCO flak insignia & tress along with flak shoulder boards...there were six pairs of tropical shorts with service numbers on them and one pair turned out to have belonged to an Aussie KIA on Kreta.

Bill

Comment

Giday Bill,

Thanks for sharing with us your many photographs relating to the Fallschirmjäger.

I particularly like the photo #1725. If you look carefully you can see a comet painted on the British sun hemet.

I have a helmet that looks just like the one in the photograph. It is named to a member of the 7th Kompanie of the Luftlande Sturm Regiment and includes a large, red coloured, comet painted on the front thereof.

I wonder if the Jäger in the photograph is also a member of the 7th Kompanie of the Luftlande Sturm Regiment.

Best wishes,

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by W Petz View Post
                  Gowert,

Many FJ's used captured tropical kit on Kreta...so the pith helmet, shirt and water bottle had been acquired by this very young FJ after the battle was over because their uniforms were to heavy and hot to wear in such tropical conditions. I also have evidence of this when I purchased a large sack full of tropical cloth items at the University flea market not far from Patch Barracks in Stuttgart that turned out to be British and Australian kit out of Kreta. The British Khaki tunic had LW NCO flak insignia & tress along with flak shoulder boards...there were six pairs of tropical shorts with service numbers on them and one pair turned out to have belonged to an Aussie KIA on Kreta.

Bill
                  hi bill,

i am fully aware of that just making an observation

Comment

Apr10 - FJ Grave Portrait - Kreta
                    Attached Files

Comment

Apr10 - FJ Marriage Portrait
                      Attached Files

Comment

Apr10 - FJ Soldbuch size Photo....padded cloth badge?
                        Attached Files

Comment

I recently pick up a small set of documents from a friend and fellow member of WAF on a Jaeger Rolan Kunze who received a Gold Wound Badge due to his war wounds which blinded him (Notice that the Urkunde does not have a feldpost stamp). Included is a document awarding him a sportsbadge while he was hospitalized in a Lazarett.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by W Petz; 04-19-2010, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Reichsportabzeichen im Silber mit Gold Kranz #1 Urkunde has a nice pass photo of him wearing his Para Badge and Gold Wound Badge. I have another post card size portrait of him wearing all three badges...which I choose not to show at this time as it may go into a new book on Para Badges. unfortunately .
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by W Petz; 04-19-2010, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Reichsportabzeichen im Silber mit Gold Kranz #2
                              Attached Files

Comment

Closer scan of the Pass photo on his Sports Badge Document. You can see the hand stitching on his collar tabs and a portion of the special armband denoting he is a blinded war veteran.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 18 users online. 0 members and 18 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X