Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked up a couple of FJ photos this weekend. Portrait postcard....a little damaged from being removed from a photo album...FJ Badge on Shirt.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by W Petz; 11-12-2007, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Here is a POW in Afrika postcard...I believe it is in Camp 380. FJ wearing cloth badge & Jump boots is sitting next to a Flyer wearing a DK in Gold.
      Attached Files

Comment

Portrait of FJ & Frau
        Attached Files

Comment

FJ wearing the Meindl Cap Badge. Unfortunately I lost out on the other portraits that showed the badge much better.
          Attached Files

Comment

Here is another portrait of the same man when he was a Flak member
            Attached Files

Comment

Here is another FJ Portrait
              Attached Files

Comment

FJ Photo with Cloth Badge
                Attached Files

Comment

Not mine but interesting

Comment

Nice Pic! I hope you asked permission to use it...doing so is common courtesy or if you took it out of a book...please quote it's source as you may have violated someone's copyright protection. Bill

Comment

Originally posted by W Petz View Post
                      Nice Pic! I hope you asked permission to use it...doing so is common courtesy or if you took it out of a book...please quote it's source as you may have violated someone's copyright protection. Bill
                      That pic was posted over on ww2 in colour forum about a year ago and I did send the poster a note asking if it was ok to use but as I heard nothing back I assume it was ok to post it. Credit to Francy Ritter from WW2 in Colour Forum.

Comment

I'm glad you posted the credit...it's the right thing to do.

Here is a photo that arrived in my post box at work today....was missing in action and thought it was lost forever until today. Envelope was pretty battered and bent...photo was bent as well but not noticeable. Photo is of FJ & RKT MAJ Witzig...he is also wearing an Army FJ Badge. Bill

Originally posted by Napalm View Post
                        That pic was posted over on ww2 in colour forum about a year ago and I did send the poster a note asking if it was ok to use but as I heard nothing back I assume it was ok to post it. Credit to Francy Ritter from WW2 in Colour Forum.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by W Petz; 11-23-2007, 09:49 PM.

Comment

FJ Marriage Portrait
                          Attached Files

Comment

Where is that one in?

Great pictures as usual Bill,and this ones intersting in post 596 too,where would this be?.Possibly on the eastern front,was it lithuania i remember Witzig's unit being sent,or on the western front maybe too?.

Comment

Thanks....that photo is definitely not on the eastern front....probably taken in garrison somewhere like Stendal or Braunschweig in maybe 41/42 as he is still wearing his Heeres Fallschirmabzeichen.

Originally posted by Fallschirmjaeger View Post
                              Great pictures as usual Bill,and this ones intersting in post 596 too,where would this be?.Possibly on the eastern front,was it lithuania i remember Witzig's unit being sent,or on the western front maybe too?.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for that info Bill,the mud on the boots,must mean autum or winter and possible doing some training then.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X