This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FJ in the bologna area in 1944?

Bill you dont have in this thread or any pictures of the FJ in around the bologna area of italy in 1944.And also any any links,references,maps to the FJ in the area by you or members here that may have not seen(pm me these thanks maybe best).Know the 4th FJ div was there,the 1st i forget,check info later on that.

Comment

Here is a recent arrival in my postbox....sorry no pics from Bologna, Italy area

New Arrival - Apr09 - FJR1 CT
      Attached Files

Comment

Ok

Ok no worries,seems all sorted now,and will search up some info later.Dont have some later pictures of the FJ in germany,holland in 1945,sorry if had said so.

Comment

New Arrival - Apr09 - FJ Group in Italy
          Attached Files

Comment

New Arrival - Apr09 - FJs with Italian SP's in Italy. Note that the second FJ on the other side of the SP is wearing splinter camo trousers and if my eyes deceive me an Italian Camo jump smock or Jacket?
            Attached Files
            Last edited by W Petz; 04-05-2009, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Great stuff as always Bill!

I gotta ask. How many total pics in your collection at last count?

Comment

Mike,

Thanks for asking but counting them would take the fun out of it. I do have alot and currently running out of storage space. I know my photo collection will certainly keep me busy when I do finally retire. Bill

Originally posted by mbizy View Post
                Great stuff as always Bill!

I gotta ask. How many total pics in your collection at last count?

Comment

Here is a closer scan of the FJ SP pic.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Bill my friend!
                    As always, wonderful photos!!
                    I suspect the photo in post #1159 might actually be in Crete and not Italy.
                    many of them wear these mystery/British/captured tunics, all of them wear a side arm (which signifies mostly early war days), no camo smocks and it...smells like home to me

Comment

Originally posted by Yannis View Post
                      Bill my friend!
                      many of them wear these mystery/British/captured tunics, all of them wear a side arm (which signifies mostly early war days), no camo smocks and it...smells like home to me
                      An informative post, especially for us novices! I was wondering what the odd tunics worn by some were as well as the non-camo jump smocks being worn in Italy.

Comment

Originally posted by W Petz View Post
                        Here is a closer scan of the FJ SP pic.
                        I would say it's an italian smock; there's no eagle visible and the camo definitely looks italian!

Comment

Yannis,

You are quite right my friend. I have posted pics of those mystery British converted tunics before but didn't pick them up in this photo. Good Catch! Bill

Originally posted by Yannis View Post
                          Bill my friend!

Comment

Very Nice pics, even more pics of that damn converted tunic!!!!!, nice pic of the Italian cammo, so this would be of one of the first Fj Assault gun brigades? I know one was formed with Itallian vehicles but then quickly disbanded as the Italian guns were not fit for the job?

Comment

New Arrival - Apr09 - FJ Kreta CT
                              Attached Files

Comment

New Arrival - Apr09 - FJ being awarded EK2 - Italy
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 21 users online. 0 members and 21 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X