This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patrick,

That just happens to be one of the "Soldat" books that I don't have in my references. Thanks

Oct10 - FJ Group portrait in Barracks - Stendal

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post
    There is foto of those pads in wear in the FJ-edition (by Chris Mason) of the "Soldat"-books.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by W Petz View Post
      Patrick,

That just happens to be one of the "Soldat" books that I don't have in my references. Thanks
      Its definately worth spending the less than 20,-EUR, Bill

Comment

Great pics Bill, I was aware of the shoulder pads, have seen a couple of these in pictures before. The thing that gets my attention is that they all appear to be wearing gaitors or leg bindings instead of the normal bloused trousers? anyone else have an opinion?

Comment

Paul,

I didn't notice that but you are right....I don't think they are gaiters.. I could be wrong but on closer examination with a magnifying glass they appear to some kind of additional pads or binding to protect their ankles?

Originally posted by paulmfjr2 View Post
          Great pics Bill, I was aware of the shoulder pads, have seen a couple of these in pictures before. The thing that gets my attention is that they all appear to be wearing gaitors or leg bindings instead of the normal bloused trousers? anyone else have an opinion?

Comment

Hi Bill, something still doesn't sit right with those para's, is there anything on the back of the pics?, anyone think that they maybe Bulgarian para's in training?

Comment

Paul,

Because they have additional protection you think they are Bulgarian??? I don't think so! Nothing is written on the reverse which is not uncommon as quite a few of my FJ photos do not have anything written on the back.

Bill

Oct10 - FJ Group snap - 7

Hi Bill, something still doesn't sit right with those para's, is there anything on the back of the pics?, anyone think that they maybe Bulgarian para's in training?
              Attached Files

Comment

Oct10 - FJ Group snap - 8
                Attached Files

Comment

Bill, it's just that I have seen hundreds of FJ pics and can count the ones that show shoulder pads on one hand, so they are a rarity. Same again with the ankle bindings. If they are Bulgarians in training, it would make sense that all of the available jump equipment is being used and taught to the recruits. I think the ankle supports maybe a Bulgarian thing.

Comment

Paul,

Your are of course entitled to your opinion. Other comments have been made that the wearing of the shoulder pads was unique to training in France before moving to Italy...in the same group of photos there were photos of them in tropical gear preparing for movement to Italy. I do not believe the Bulgarians trained in France and fought in Italy....unless someone has more information to the contrary.

Bill, it's just that I have seen hundreds of FJ pics and can count the ones that show shoulder pads on one hand, so they are a rarity. Same again with the ankle bindings. If they are Bulgarians in training, it would make sense that all of the available jump equipment is being used and taught to the recruits. I think the ankle supports maybe a Bulgarian thing.

Comment

Oct10 - FJ snap - Greece
                      Attached Files

Comment

Oct10 - FJ Portrait
                        Attached Files

Comment

Oct10 - FJ Portrait - BA
                          Attached Files

Comment

Oct10 - FJ Portrait - BB
                            Attached Files

Comment

Oct10 - FJ Portrait - BC Not if the best condition but still nice.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Oct10 - FJ Pic W/FJ CT and Badge
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X