Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FJ helmet Kreta? Opinion please

Hello everyone,
    There was a classified add about this helmet. It belongs to an old man from Kreta. He claims it belonged to his father. It was really hard to talk to him on the phone let alone to make him get some photos for me...the old man is not exactly keen on technology so the photos he sent me are obviously not the best... Any opinions though would be more than welcome.
    Thank you in advance,
    Nick
    Attached Files

Originally posted by dersturmer78 View Post
    Hello everyone,
    There was a classified add about this helmet. It belongs to an old man from Kreta. He claims it belonged to his father. It was really hard to talk to him on the phone let alone to make him get some photos for me...the old man is not exactly keen on technology so the photos he sent me are obviously not the best... Any opinions though would be more than welcome.
    Thank you in advance,
    Nick
    Well, the net is certainly garbage. Shell.....who knows for certain based on the pictures. All in all, not very promising.
    When you go home
    Tell them for us and say
    For your tomorrow
    We gave our today

--Inscription in the 5th Marine Division cemetery,
    Iwo Jima 1945

Comment

Show more of the inside like the liner.

Comment

Originally posted by WalterB View Post
        Well, the net is certainly garbage. Shell.....who knows for certain based on the pictures. All in all, not very promising.
        Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by MP 38 View Post
          Show more of the inside like the liner.
          I managed to get just one more picture..like i mentioned, it is not easy to properly communicate with this old man(kinda cranky dude!) .. there is this "tag" inside -looks pretty old - and it's written in greek :" Paratroopers dropped in Kreta, 20th May 1941" The greek word "paratroopers" however is misspelled and there is also something else stamped(?) below but i cannot make it out.
          Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X