M36/38 Hybrid Smock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M36/38 Hybrid Smock

Just got this photo in today. Take a look at the man 2nd from the left. I have never seen anything like it. Looks like a M38 smock with a M36 zipper system. Perhaps some type of transitional experiment which was rejected. Seems to be a 1941 ish jump school photo (notice the front lace boots).

Interesting to seem 4 different smocks in the same early photo. The one fourth from the left seems to be an M40 (notice lower pocket) but cannot tell for sure.

Has anyone ever seen a photo of a smock like this (second from left) before?
    Attached Files

Amazinggggggggg.
    always something new to learn.

Comment

Whenever you think that you've seen it all - Eric digs around in his photo collection and challenges us! Thanks for that.
      Karl

Comment

Certainly fascinating! Never seen anything like it. I think the smock which looks like a M40 could be a converted M38. Generally converted M38s had narrower pocket flaps than the M40s, which is what I think I see. Certainly that smock looks newly issued, based on how sharp the folds around the collar are, as compared to the others. Based on the blue-gray steel buckles the photo is not likely to be an earlier than 1940. As pointed out by the boots as well. Interesting contrast in colors of the M38s on the right, which is probably due to wear/ fading.
        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Just incredible...

Comment

in the same range , who remember this unique item :
            GM bag without zip but with only studs .
            a proof that germans were testing a lot of items before the approved edition

Comment

All of these are M40 appart from guy fj on far right, no zippers and shorter collar, is it a M36? regards graeme
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by gwatty View Post
                all of these are m40 appart from guy fj on far right, no zippers and shorter collar, is it a m36? Regards graeme
                m38.

Comment

Nice twin MG spare barrel carrier too.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X