Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I owned this cap years ago though I am not the collector mentioned in the auction description. I too wrote to the veteran and was surprised when he called me from Germany not long after and we had a nice conversation. Oddly his sister worked for an American family as a housekeeper and lived not far from me, though I never contacted her. This was indeed his cap and he told me it was taken from his mother's house by GIs during a search for weapons I believe. The cap had had the original Flieger piping replaced by synthetic white piping as can be seen in the photos. I mailed him a copy of the Kurowski HG history in German which he was happy to have. This cap is a nice piece of history.

Comment

So this cap was with yellow piping and later another one had white piping on it? before or after 1945?

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Kurt View Post
        So this cap was with yellow piping and later another one had white piping on it? before or after 1945?
        I have 100% confidence that the above cap belonged to Sepp Pommerl, the man it was named to. I spoke to him in detail. You are entitled to your opinions.

Comment

Agree OSS, certainly a cap I would be proud to have in the collection.
          Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X