X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Files

Comment

Crete

Yannis, superb book. I could not put it down and read it within two days. Having visited Crete a couple of times and read various accounts, this was one of the best. Time to move west and do one on the battle for chania.

Comment

Originally posted by nimsiemilitaria View Post
        Yannis, superb book. I could not put it down and read it within two days. Having visited Crete a couple of times and read various accounts, this was one of the best. Time to move west and do one on the battle for chania.
        Many thanks.
        I'm really glad to hear such good reviews.
        Best wishes.
        Yannis

Comment

It has been a year since the release of the book and it would be nice to see pictures from members taken at the battlefield and the town or any comments.
          I have to admit that some members of the forum have done a better job with the pictures of the battlefield than I did
          Best wishes to all.
          Yannis

Comment

Yannis, perhaps the members of the forum took better pictures because they were more focused than you were !

Comment

Good book

Comment

Originally posted by J.LARSEN View Post
                Good book
                Many thanks!!
                Any comments are also welcome

All the best.
                Yannis

Comment

Small exhibition about the battle for Heraklion

Hi to all.
                  There is a small exhibition about the battle for Heraklion , at the Historical Museum of Crete in Heraklion. Not many things actually but there are a few interesting things at the relics section. It ia also worth seeing the permanent ww2 exhibition of the museum.

Comment

Originally posted by KRETAKAMPFER View Post
                    Hi to all.
                    There is a small exhibition about the battle for Heraklion , at the Historical Museum of Crete in Heraklion. Not many things actually but there are a few interesting things at the relics section. It ia also worth seeing the permanent ww2 exhibition of the museum.
                    Yannis, It may be a small exhibition, but your efforts in highlighting the facts regarding this Historic battle are very large ! Your knowledge and battle sight detective work is second to none ! Well done Yannis, but try and leave some relics on the ground for the boys !

Comment

Hi to all.
                      Good news, Yannis!
                      How long would this exibition last? Hope its still there when i visit crete next month.

Comment

The plan for the exhibition is to last till the end of August. The aim is to show to the museum thst there is a big interest in the battle so that it worths trying to make a permanent exhibition much larger with much more items that I know that they exist in Crete in private collections.

Comment

The plan for the exhibition is to last till the end of August. The aim is to show to the museum thst there is a big interest in the battle so that it worths trying to make a permanent exhibition much larger with much more items that I know that they exist in Crete in private collections.
                          Cant agree more with Yannis on the fact that there is quite a lot of equipment in Cretan private hands ! Personally, I was taken to an elderly mans home in Heraklion and what he had was absolutely amazing ! I was so taken aback at the amount of FG gear I forgot to take photographs ! They just will not part with the gear as they regard it as part of their history . Some who have it wont admit they even possess it !

Comment

ATB. Paratroopers KIA in Ju52 crashes in Heraklion

A very interesting article about Ju52 crashes in Heraklion Crete 1941 based on the research for the book but with much more details.

https://www.afterthebattle.com/store...roller=product

Comment

Hi Yannis,
                              Is the small relic exhibition a start for bigger things? It would be great to hear that you can implement your museum project and enrich Heraklion with your great findings and items. Your book is already a strong pillar of the battle research and remembrance and it would be great when also everyday people can just pop in and see the gravity of events and faiths that unfolded there.
                              Enjoy your Freddo in the sun at this long weekend

Comment

Some then and now pictures from my recent research. Many thanks to Paulus Gunner and Windhund for the original pictures.

Last edited by KRETAKAMPFER; 09-04-2018, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X