No announcement yet.

New book about the battle of Crete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks a great book, will have a copy of that soon, would like another trip to Crete, this time Heraklion and the east of the Island

Comment

I have also ordered your book. Looking forward to read more about Heraklion. It indeed needs more attention when it comes to the Battle of Crete!

Comment

Originally posted by Paulus_Gun View Post
        I have also ordered your book. Looking forward to read more about Heraklion. It indeed needs more attention when it comes to the Battle of Crete!
        Thanks.
        My aim was to offer something new and detailed about the battle of Crete not the usual and sometimes boring narative and generic analysis. The personal stories and accounts accompanied by the research on thd battlefield tell the story.
        Yannis

Comment

Originally posted by Totenhead View Post
          Looks a great book, will have a copy of that soon, would like another trip to Crete, this time Heraklion and the east of the Island
          Thanks Totenhead.
          It will be really usefull for your trip to Crete.
          Best regards.
          Yannis

Comment

[QUOTE=eubank;7669711]Looks very interesting, especially as it has first hand accounts. Will be ordering this too.[/QUOTE
            Many thanks.
            For the first time many Greek accounts are published in Englush language.
            A very interesting perspective of the battle tottaly ignored all these years.
            Best regards.
            Yannis

Comment

Originally posted by msk500 View Post
              Hi Yannis, I have my copy of the book ! Having briefly scanned it, I can only say its a work to be proud of ! Its a masterpiece ! At last we have a book correlating what happened in Heraklion ! Well done. Davy Hutton has signed mine already, and your next to sign!
              Thanks Mike.
              It was a real honor for me to get in touch with Dave Hutton a veteran who injured during the battle and survived to tell the story.
              Best regards.
              Yannis

Comment

Originally posted by o.r.k. View Post
                Hi Yannis,
                found your book at ordered a copy right now, too. that gives my holiday around Heraklion some gravity added to the drinks, the beach and the nightlife : ).
                It will be very usefull for your hollidays in Heraklion. You will be able to visit the battlefield both in the town and in the outskirts and the surounding fields.
                Best regards.
                Yannis

Comment

My copy has arrived from Amazon uk today, it looks excellent, with many photos I have never seen before, and full of eye witness accounts. Looking forward to reading it properly this weekend !

Comment

I ordered my copy from the publisher. Amazon is about $20 higher than the Publisher.

Comment

Originally posted by radom View Post
                      I ordered my copy from the publisher. Amazon is about $20 higher than the Publisher.
                      I think that Amazon uk has also a good price. There are differences among the Amazon uk , Amazon. com etc.
                      Best regards.
                      Yannis

Comment

Originally posted by eubank View Post
                        My copy has arrived from Amazon uk today, it looks excellent, with many photos I have never seen before, and full of eye witness accounts. Looking forward to reading it properly this weekend !
                        Thanks eubank.
                        For each picture I have included information not known till now. Both for well known and unpublished pictures.
                        Best regards.
                        Yannis

Comment

Superb Yannis, many thanks for such dedication to history. Hope I can visit someday and have you sign my copy too.

Regards,
                          John
                          Esse Quam Videri

Comment

My copy has just arrived and it looks a stunning book! My return trip to Crete is long overdue - I was last there in 1990, back when the FJ memorial was still standing. I'll join the queue for an autograph...

Michael

Comment

I received my copy yesterday. This is a great book! A lot of detailed maps, photos unknown before and stories. This is not a compilation of the old books but the result of research and many trips to battlefields.
                              Yannis - congratulations! Good job!
                              I visit Crete regulary and I always stay in Rethymno. Do you think about 2nd part - Battle of Rethymno ?
                              Regards,
                              Piotr

Comment

Originally posted by fox-terier View Post
                                I received my copy yesterday. This is a great book! A lot of detailed maps, photos unknown before and stories. This is not a compilation of the old books but the result of research and many trips to battlefields.
                                Yannis - congratulations! Good job!
                                I visit Crete regulary and I always stay in Rethymno. Do you think about 2nd part - Battle of Rethymno ?
                                Regards,
                                Piotr
                                Hi Piotr.
                                Thank you very much for your good words. You are right. I have tried to include information mainly derived from original research which took me many years to complete. There is a similar research in progress about the battle for Rethymno but not by me. It is
                                done by a friend of mine and member of this forum and hopefully there is going to be a book about Rethymno at the end.
                                Thank you again.
                                Yannis
                                Last edited by KRETAKAMPFER; 01-21-2017, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X