Clear All

Draw String helmet cover

This was sent from a member.
    Attached Files
    Esse Quam Videri

"For me to poop on."

Comment

Was going to ask you to keep it under ten points
      Remember though, that an unfortunate collector was sold this....
      Attached Files
      Esse Quam Videri

Comment

I hope he can get his $ back

Originally posted by John Hodgin
        Was going to ask you to keep it under ten points
        Remember though, that an unfortunate collector was sold this....

Comment

Though unfortunate, most of us have owned bad covers at some point. It is a valuable learning experience. This splinter draw string cover has nothing in it's favor, other than it has a string and is in splinter. Sorry....
          Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Yes, I agree it is bad. I hope he didn't get screwed too bad.

John

Comment

John

Yes this is just one more in a string of items Mr Clawson has done me for. Does anyone know what he's up to?. He doesn't answer any e-mails or answer his phone.
              Bruce
              Originally posted by JohnB
              Yes, I agree it is bad. I hope he didn't get screwed too bad.

John

Comment

What he's up to is fraud. The bastard has been ripping off newer collectors with phoney FJ crap for more than 20 years. After ripping off a new victim, he goes underground for a while and makes himself hard to find. Then he emerges from his cesspool to find a new victim. Among the worst of the worst. I suggest you get a lawyer and sue him.

Comment

Bruce,

I take it you are the victim here. Is that your cover posted by John H? You can be certain it is a reproduction, not at all real. John H. Willi and Chris all know what they are talking about.

Could I ask you what you paid for it? It may be worth $100 or so, but it is not worth much more than that.
                  John

Comment

John

I bought it with a bunch of other stuff all at once. Half of it has turned out to be fake, so he got me for thousands.
                    Bruce
                    Originally posted by JohnB
                    Bruce,

I take it you are the victim here. Is that your cover posted by John H? You can be certain it is a reproduction, not at all real. John H. Willi and Chris all know what they are talking about.

Could I ask you what you paid for it? It may be worth $100 or so, but it is not worth much more than that.
                    John

Comment

Mail Fraud

Bruce, if these were sent to you through the US Post, and represented at authentic WWII, with no buyer beware clause, then you may have a case for mail fraud. Do you still have letters or emails about this deal? When you get in touch with K.C. remain respectful but firm. Tell him these are not genuine as he claimed and ask for a return for credit towards genuine militaria.
                      Regards,
                      John
                      Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Jonnie, this is good advice for dealing with normal dealer scum, but Clausen has been ripping off FJ collectors for more than 20 years in this way, and he's pretty well immune to that approach, as so many have tried it. He simply goes underground, and refuses to answer the mail (snail or e-) or return phone calls. Also, in my experience the PO will not sic an inspector on Clausen, as the inspection branch is hopelessly understaffed, and they only have time to go after the really big fish, people who swindle millions or rob mail trucks, that sort of thing. The only thing to do at this point is to hire a lawyer and sue him.

This might serve as a useful test platform to see if the Forum has collective enforcement power against crooks. If I were Bruce, I'd start a "Ken Clausen Victims" thread, and see if everyone who has been ripped off by this bastard would be interested in contributing, say, $50 each to a legal fund to go after him as a group. Lawyers don't work free, but a good one in Clausen's neck of the woods is probably $100 an hour. If 20 victims banded together, that would be enough to send a lawyer a $1000 retainer and go after him in a class action sort of deal.

Comment

If it went to court a couple of collectors here would have to go.
                          Expert witness would be needed.

Comment

Talk or write a detailed letter to the US Postal people. Contact their fraud unit, etc. They know the guy, trust me. They do go after people who use their system to rip people off. We would be glad to help.
                            Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

If it goes to court, I'd be happy to fly to Arizona my own expense to testify as an expert, if I was asked to. I'm sure others would, too. Clausen would need experts of his own, and I can't think of one credible person who would back his crap in court. I think its time to start taking people like this down. Count me in.

Willi, I was down this road years ago. The idea that people have of an army of postal inspectors waiting to leap into their tactical vehicles and race out to wreak justice if there's the slightest complaint couldn't be further from the truth. The whole branch is a couple hundred guys. A postal inspector told me they have the resources to investigate less than 1 percent of all complaints, and nothing under $100,000 gets more than a bureaucratic brush over. You have no idea of the magnitude of postal fraud and the amounts involved in the US each year, but it's in the millions of complaints and the billions in losses. A guy losing a few thousand dollars, however horrible that is for the victim, is a grain of sand in a vast field of boulders, which a handful of guys are whacking on with hammers.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X