Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hans Jungwirt

Giday everyone,

Can anyone tell me what units Hans Jungwirt belonged to prior to him becoming a paratrooper?

All the best,

Ian

Hello Ian.
    Maj. Hans Jungwirt(h) (both spellings appear) was awarded the German Cross i. Gold as Hptm. commander I./ Jg.Rgt."H.G. Mehner lists him as in command Mar.-Apr.1943.
    Then in command of Fsch.A.A.12 in Jan.1945 and then of Fsch.Jg.Rgt. 32/Jungwirt Feb.-Mar.1945.
    Bernhard H. Holst

Comment

Giday bernhard,

Thanks for the information on Hans jungwirt.

I know that Hans Jungwirt was a member of the Sturm Regiment. What I don't know is whether Hans Jungwirt was a member of Sturmabteilung Koch and whether he participated in the capture of one of the three bridges spanning the Albert Kanal in May 1940.

I am also after any information about army units that Jungwirt may have belonged to prior to him becoming a paratrooper.

All the best,

Ian

Comment

Hi Ian,

We have been in contact before about Jungwirth. What I found is that when Hptmn. Altmann (2 kp) was captured in Crete by May 1941, Hptmn. Jungwirth succeeded him. I really don't know if he was a member of the Sturmabteilung Koch even if belonged to the 2 kp by 1940.

Jean-Yves

Comment

Salut JYN
          Ton nouveau livre est -il disponible ? et où ?
          Amicalement
          jacques

Comment

Giday Jean-Yves,

If I recall correctly, you recently acquired a Soldbuch that belonged to a member of Sturmabteilung Koch and wherein the entries for the EK II and EK I were authorised by Hans Jungwirt. Do you have any idea when those entries would have been made in the jäger's Soldbuch? (If my memory serves me correctly, the rubber stamp used corresponds with the snd Kompanie of the Sturm Regiment.)

All the best,

Ian

Comment

Hi Ian,

EKII &nd EKI earned on the 13th & 16th May 1940 were certified after Crete. The rubber stamp is from the 2nd Kp. On 18 October 1941, he get the wound badge which has been also certified by Jungwirth with the 2nd .Kp rubber stamp again.

JYN

Comment

Giday Jean-Yves,

Thanks for the info.

All the best,

Ian

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X