Old FJ themed photograph.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old FJ themed photograph.

I am sure this has been posted before, but if not - it's an interesting one.

Pit.

Nice!
    Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Really nice thanks. Sure would like one of those rifles!

Comment

Nice photo .
        I see 2 FJ's with a K43 rifle and a ZF4 scope on it .
        Just a question, what kind of sniper rifle used the 3rd FJ from the right?
        I would say that he used a Mosin 91/30 Mosin-Nagant sniper rifle with a PU sniper scope. Is this possible or am I completely wrong...?

Comment

Looking from left to right we have K98, K43, next K43, Mosin and K43. Guy with mp have berreta 38/44 i think so

Comment

Originally posted by wolf_wroc View Post
            Looking from left to right we have K98, K43, next K43, Mosin and K43. Guy with mp have berreta 38/44 i think so
            Thanks for the clarification of the weapons. The guy on the left indeed used a Beretta MP 38/44 SMG . Nice to see so many different weapons (sniper rifles) on one picture.

Comment

No problem notice also that guy on the right have modified smock or feld division jacket?

Comment

FJ photo

Great photo... Anyone have any idea of when and where it was taken?

Comment

Its battle of Bautzen in April 1945. I think its photo made in little village near to Bautzen named Kubschutz as we can see on the banner above soldiers.

Comment

FJ photo

Thanks for the information

Comment

I found this article on the battle.
                      The same photo is used in the article.
                      In my opinion, speaking in conjecture of course - the smiles are likely grim battlefield humor, as these troops likely knew the end was near at this stage in the fighting.

http://historyimages.blogspot.com/20...closed-in.html

*Goebbel's radio broadcasts about the secret wonder weapons that were going to save Germany would have ceased being broadcast. I can't imagine what the morale was like - but almost every photo in the series shows smiling faces - just an observation.
                      Last edited by pitfighter; 02-10-2012, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Wow! I have not seen that photo before. I've never seen so many FJ in one photo with scoped rifles.

Thanks for sharing!

J-

Comment

wow nice

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X