X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is not an answer to my question.

Comment

Your question has been answered.
      Its time for you to do your own research in real time, not computer time.
      I look forward to your test results.

Comment

No, it has not. You just made another condescending statement with no real reasoning or any kind of valid argument.
        Why did you mention Zeltbahnen, they have virtually nothing to do with this topic. Zeltbahnen are made from cotton poplin, the cover in this thread is made from cotton canvas (also called duck or sailcloth), a fabric that was used for a huge variety of WW2 german equipment like rucksacks/tornisters, breadbags, gas cape and magazine pouches, gaiters, etc. It has the same half panama weave as can be seen on most of the equipment I mentioned. Now what's 'not WW2 german manufacture' about this kind of fabric?

Comment

Show examples to back up your concept process please of other cammo fabric in the exact same cloth that are 100% original to help illustrate your point of view on why the topic starter is wartime excluding the VVV tapes.

Comment

I'm not saying that he topic starter is wartime but I'm also not writing it off as a fake yet. I don't know any wartime pieces made from camouflaged canvas, my point was that the fabric itself (without camo) was nothing unusual for a piece of WW2 german equipment. Right now I'm just looking at this cover as a sum of parts and at the way they have been put together and it at least looks plausible to me. I know that there's only about a handful of undoubtedly genuine 1st pattern splinter covers around but that is also precisely why we shouldn't instantly give every cover the boot that doesn't fully measure up to their standards, there might have been more variations than we know right now. Also, Mr. Veltzé might know a little more than we do if that 2nd pattern convinced him enough so that he would put it in his book.

Comment

Originally posted by kammo man View Post
              The base fabric isn't even correct.
              Case closed.
              Of course you are correct, and I suspect that you, like I, have handled some of these which were available on the West Coast about 10 years ago.
              Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Patrick, do you like these covers ? I am surprised you couldn't dissuade Karl from using them.

Comment

cloth

Originally posted by Hptm. Fuhrmann View Post
                  No, it has not. You just made another condescending statement with no real reasoning or any kind of valid argument.
                  Why did you mention Zeltbahnen, they have virtually nothing to do with this topic. Zeltbahnen are made from cotton poplin, the cover in this thread is made from cotton canvas (also called duck or sailcloth), a fabric that was used for a huge variety of WW2 german equipment like rucksacks/tornisters, breadbags, gas cape and magazine pouches, gaiters, etc. It has the same half panama weave as can be seen on most of the equipment I mentioned. Now what's 'not WW2 german manufacture' about this kind of fabric?
                  I agree with this observation about the cloth itself.
                  I'm not saying anything about the cover, since I'm no expert in FSJ covers.

werner
                  Interested in all E. Reitz Uniformwerke items.

Comment

Originally posted by kammo man View Post
                    The base fabric isn't even correct.
                    Case closed.
                    Werner, do you think the base fabric has been used for any camo garment? And have you seen any camo garment (covers are included in my assessment) which are double sided even though they are not reversible?

I understand encountering this fabric on field gear items.
                    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

First of all: I personally don't believe in the cover that started this thread. I don't like the way it is constructed - compared with all the other 1st models I handled during the work on my books - nor the materials used, and definitlely not that date stamp.

But working on those 3 books I also learned that the German army produced and used a lot of, let's call them "unusual" items, many of which were deemed fakes some years ago. Therefore I won't rule out that one day a genuine 1st model tropical FJ cover will be discovered.

The 2nd model tropical cover shown in volume 2 was "approved" by 3 of the main European collectors who assisted me during my quest, even though it does indeed show some very unusual features compared to the other FJ covers, namely the colours and being printed on both sides.

Karl

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Bison View Post
                        First of all: I personally don't believe in the cover that started this thread. I don't like the way it is constructed - compared with all the other 1st models I handled during the work on my books - nor the materials used, and definitlely not that date stamp.

But working on those 3 books I also learned that the German army produced and used a lot of, let's call them "unusual" items, many of which were deemed fakes some years ago. Therefore I won't rule out that one day a genuine 1st model tropical FJ cover will be discovered.

The 2nd model tropical cover shown in volume 2 was "approved" by 3 of the main European collectors who assisted me during my quest, even though it does indeed show some very unusual features compared to the other FJ covers, namely the colours and being printed on both sides.

Karl

Thank you for replying, Karl. And what about the HBT tan/water cover in your book ? What do you think of that one ?

Comment

good evening, after 8 years nothing has moved on it, the aging supposed to acid did not damage the wire of the hooks. Some qualified people gave a technical opinion after having seen it, they do not pronounce themselves because some building elements correspond to known models and some details do not deceive me and tell me to keep it the time that the archives speak, I leave to the detractors the care to answer ...photos make this year comes

Comment

Interesting way this one pop up when the cover is for sale on FB !

Comment

Fj helmet cover

Yes, I saw it too on FB.

Ysto

Comment

How much is being asked ?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 7 users online. 0 members and 7 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X