• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silver Heer Paratrooper Badge OPINION PLEASE

Hallo

Your opinion please

Thank you.

I regret to say that this is a fake. These have been cropping up here and there in increasing numbers recently. I understand that they are available to dealers for $500 unengraved and $550 engraved.

Here is another that was reportedly bought in the USA for $2000. The buyer apparently refuses to accept that it is not a genuine 800 silver 2nd pattern Fallschirmschützenabzeichen (Heer).

There are perhaps a dozen genuine silver Army Para Badges known to survive, of which the majority are 2nd pattern badges like the one this purports to be. Genuine silver Army Para Badges were struck on the same dies as their aluminium counterparts. When the diving eagle of this fake badge is compared to an original, it is quickly seen that they are simply not the same.

The engraving is also not of the correct style or quality. Here are examples of how the engraving ought to look:

For general information about WH Para Badges, including the silver ones, why not have a look at the article elsewhere on this site? There are also some pictures. You will find it here:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/war_...arachutist.htm

I hope this helps, Borgir. But I must say that you often ask us about badges that turn out to be fakes. Are these all badges that you have bought for your collection? If so, then you should think about getting to know some different dealers because the ones you are obviously frequenting seem to offer you nothing but fakes.

Regards,

Prosper Keating
    Last edited by Prosper Keating; 03-21-2002, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Borgir;

Where are you coming up with all these reproduction badges from?

Tony
      Best regards,

Tony

Comment

Right, Prosper and Tony !

I think maybe Borgir have get them in sale ( normally these fakes are more cheaper then the good ones ), without experience to german badge!!

Borgir,I hope you haven't bought them ! and please, learn to look the old topics about the badge you want informations , you will see a topic where I have show a fake of Silver Panzer badge that you have asked before and what you must look for.
        For WH para too, We have spoken toughether with Prosper and Eric and show some fakes............

You must work if you want learn.

Did you bought from an European dealer or from Russia country?

If you want to send to me the dealer's names by a privat messagge, I can said to you my opinion about them.

Prosper, as we know, hear in Italy ( as in France or Germany ) there are dealers that sales nearly 95% fakes in their stands to the shows and if the buyer give trust to him ( doing one mistake) this is what happens !!!

Ciao

Ivan B.

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

Thank you

Thank for really substantial answers. Also I am glad to find out, that I was right, having doubted of these badges. I have bought a badge of the paratrooper about two years back in Holland. Gunner-radiooperator badge in Ukraina. I, fortunately, yet did not pay for the others.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X