Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paratroopers picking up souvenirs ?!!

Members of 6./FJR1 watching over some Polish prisoners of war
    ( Wola Gulowska September 24, 1939 ). Notice that the guy second from the left seems to be carrying a Polish calvary helmet on his belt. This to me is interesting because I don't think the Germans were much for picking up "souvenirs" like we were.

Hi Eric,

This photo is very nice. Photos or documents related to FJ during the polish campaign are not usual. Please find attached a picture of a wound badge certificate who was belonging to Fw. A. Mueller. He joined the RGG by October 1938 and was in the 12./III/FJR 1 by 1939. He was wounded near the village of Sucha. The document is signed by Oberstl. SYDOW. Sorry, I don't have any info about the helmet....

Jean-Yves

Comment

Very nice document Jean-Yves!!! Never saw one for Poland before. On the helmet, it is odd that the FJ has it hooked to his belt, instead of stowing it with his Kompanie baggage. Maybe he just picked it up.....very cool pic. You see guys picking up French helmets too after the 1940 campaign. I guess if 1944 went better you would have seen FJs carrying helmets from the 101st...:-).

Willi
      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Absolutely outstanding document Jean-Yves !! ( my mouth is watering .......... ) This makes a grand total of ( 2 ) award documents for Poland ( to paratroopers ) I have seen in 20 years
        of collecting.

Does anyone else have anything from Poland ? I would love to see it.

Thanks !!

EQ

Comment

Are those jackboots they are wearing????

Comment

Hello Eric and Willi,

This a part of a grouping from a good friend who passed away few years ago. This is the first set of documents I received after my book has reached the veterans which helped me a lot. You will find more details pages 16, 50 and 125 as well as a nice portrait of him on page 124. From 1939 to 1944 : Poland, Holland, Crete, El-Alamein, Russia and Brest.

Jean-Yves

Comment

Hello Again,

This is one document from a grouping which is containing few pages concerning to possibility to give an award to a former menber of the 8./FJR 1. This is all the documents I have got related to Poland. Eric, I let you appreciate the signatures....
              Jean-Yves

Comment

Jean-Yves,

Again, a very nice document ( and certainly close to my heart because Heller could have been a former member of the FIB
                ( over 90% of the men who were at Wola Gulowska and Moerdijk were former army guys )) Do you know Jean-Yves if Heller was former FIB ?.

I can certainly make out Heilmann's signature but you are going to have to help me with the other one.

Here is one of my criteria documents for the EKA d Lw. to a former army gentlemen from 6./FJR1 ( Alfred Ludwig ). Notice that the Dutch town of Moerdijk is spelled incorrectly on mine as well ( yours too )

Comment

Hello Eric,

Karl Heller was a SA-Mann in Stuttgart before he joined the FJR 1. I get his Urkunde for the 1st Oct. 1938 Medal and then on 4th Dec. 39 he get the LPB. So I don't think he was in the FIK before.
                  Jean-Yves

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X