Proper Storage of FH Helmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proper Storage of FH Helmet

I was wondering what would be the proper way to store FJ helmets. I think I read some post in here where Willi mentions that keeping a helmet on a mannequin head is probably a bad idea since it may negatively affect the liner (or its leather or something like that). Do you think that putting the helmet on the shelf may negatively affect the chinstraps, since they would get bent inside? The way I have stored my FJ helmets is by placing them in a closet, with the front and back edges of the helmet propped up by a stack of small books. This allows the chinstraps to hang down and does not apply any contact with the liner. In addition, I have a clean piece of white cloth over the helmet to limit the amount of dust that may accumulate. The closet is, of course, dark and dry. I have been thinking about it lately and I am not sure if the chinstraps should be hanging out. Perhaps this applies undue pressure on the leather? Anyway, any tips or advice is very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

AlteRatte
    When you go home
    Tell them for us and say
    For your tomorrow
    We gave our today

--Inscription in the 5th Marine Division cemetery,
    Iwo Jima 1945

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
X