Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oberfeldwebel Willi Hepp (Nahkampftage) and Photo

Hello,

I recently picked up this interesting lot comprising an original "Liste der anzurechnnenden Nahkampftage des Oberfeldwebel Willi Hepp" and an original photo of the man himself wearing the EK1. As you can see, Hepp's Nahkampftage have been certified by his Batallion leader who was of the rank of Hauptmann. I believe the unit stamp reads Fallschirm-Pz.Gren.Rgt 3 "HG". Can any forum member tell me anything of Will Hepp or put a name to the signature for me please? Any opinions are appreciated.
    cheers,
    Thomas

Hi Tomo

Probably Hepp was with LL Sturmregiment in Kreta and with FJR5 in Afrika. I don´t know who signed your document and the picture isn´t good enough to see the stamp for me. Anyway, your document is very nice and Hepp was a brave FJ.

Regards. Joserra.

Comment

Many thanks Joserra for your comments! I have just made some better scans of the unit stamps... I agree too when you say Hepp was a brave man - 30 days of Close Combat in the some of the toughest battles of the War.
      Maybe someone has a list of Close Combat Clasp in Silver Winners of the Fallschirmjaeger? Hepp should be on that list. Cheers,
      Thomas

Comment

Originally posted by windhund View Post
        Hi Tomo

Probably Hepp was with LL Sturmregiment in Kreta and with FJR5 in Afrika. I don´t know who signed your document and the picture isn´t good enough to see the stamp for me. Anyway, your document is very nice and Hepp was a brave FJ.

Regards. Joserra.
        Agree about Sturm rgt and Fjr5 later, his combat records tell us that he took part in most hard actions on eastern front, serving in these units.
        II./Sturm in Petruschino area and east Ukrain late43/early44..famous places and the hill 191,3 where both companies 5 and 7 of FJR5 were totally destroyed by Russian tanks and infantry , he should be very lucky to stay alive..wish we had his diaries to read about these events..
        Looking for FJR2 combat pics in Russia.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X