Help with an FJ dogtag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with an FJ dogtag

Hello again! Second post for me today, so I'm on a roll :-)

I recently picked up an FJ award lot from Bill Shea but wondered if anyone could help out with identifying the unit on the accompanying dogtag?

Bill said that he'd had this lot in his collection for awhile, having acquired it from a buyer in Germany directly from the family, but aside from knowing the fellow's name 'Hans Konrad' he didn't have any additional information about the unit or service history. In Australia we are very spoiled to have the Australian War Memorial search engine which is very comprehensive (www.awm.gov.au) but I think that we are one of the only countries to have this level of detail available without having to resort to a paid archive search (and none of our records were destroyed in the war!)

I've done a preliminary search online but haven't drawn any matches for the Regt ID which is 62827 if I'm not mistaken? I assume the 'O' is blood group and the 16 is the individual identifier for FJ Konrad?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
    Jim
    Attached Files

MOB-Nummer : 62827
    14. Panzerjäger/L.L. Regiment 1
    14./Sturm Regiment
    6./Fallschirmjäger Regiment 6

Comment

Beautiful! Thankyou for your assistance lgdsjmi - now to find some information about where they served :-)

Off to a good start: https://www.axishistory.com/list-all...aeger-division and found this about one of the division's FJ during an incident in Holland:
      "Sanitäts-Feldwebel Ernst Gräwe refused an order to shoot 10 members of the Dutch resistance who had been captured after seizing a bridge in Deventer on 10 April 1945. He was then ordered to either shoot or join them in front of the firing squad. He chose to stand with the Dutch prisoners and was shot with them. His name is now included in the monument to the 10 resistance men. It is believed he was attached to this division at the time."

You've opened a door for me my friend - many thanks!

Cheers,
      Jim

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X