EpicArtifacts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

White Camo Painted M-38 Shell for Review.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White Camo Painted M-38 Shell for Review.

I saw this at a little military shop in Milford Delaware that came out of house junk cleaning. It is odd to be painted inside. What do you think? Regards, Ron.
    Attached Files

White camo paint is generally hard to judge from pictures since the whiteness often overpowers the small details and spidering of aged paint that can be used to asses whether the white paint is old or not. Although the paint in this one strikes me to be somewhat old, the fact that the white was applied when the shell was fully disassembled (i.e., the liner was out and even the bolts were off) leads me to believe that the white paint was added post-war. Also, the wear is not that convincing to me to be the result of normal wear and tear. The shell is real, so there is some value to it overall, just don’t approach it (or price it) as an untouched winter camo FJ shell.
    When you go home
    Tell them for us and say
    For your tomorrow
    We gave our today

--Inscription in the 5th Marine Division cemetery,
    Iwo Jima 1945

Comment

Even the inner nuts are painted white. Ron, I think you answered your own question.
      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Painted in white together with bolts and nuts inside talks about everything...
        Looking for FJR2 combat pics in Russia.

Comment

post war job me think ,but still some value here

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X