FlandersMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very nice early BW paratrooper portrait !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice early BW paratrooper portrait !!!

Still with RZ harness of the Luftwaffe......

Originally posted by Mücke View Post
    Still with RZ harness of the Luftwaffe......
    Thats not a wartime harness.

Comment

Originally posted by gran sasso View Post

thats not a wartime harness.
      ok !

Comment

ok !

BTW, the LW parachutes were no RZs, only the paratroopers ones.
        RZ = Rückenfallschirm Zwangsauslösung (back parachute with forced opening), by static line.
        LW parachutes were opening by pulling the handle.

Comment

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post

BTW, the LW parachutes were no RZs, only the paratroopers ones.
          RZ = Rückenfallschirm Zwangsauslösung (back parachute with forced opening), by static line.
          LW parachutes were opening by pulling the handle.
          OK thank you again what you learned, but in principle it doesn't matter the photo here is about personal dedication, that makes it interesting!!!

Comment

Interesting photo. He also qualified for French wings, and he has US Army master parachutist wings on what looks like a 77th Special Forces Group background oval. You just can't jump 5 times and receive master parachutist wings; I wonder if he served in the 77th SFG? My father was a team sergeant in the 77th before he was commissioned and he said there were very few native-English speakers at that time (Lauri Törni/Larry Thorne was a corporal on Dad's team at that time).

Colonel Edson Raff succeeded interim commander Lieutenant Colonel Jack Shannon as the head of the 77th. Raff decided that his unit should have its own background oval. On 23 March 1954, he requested that an oval be based on the colors—teal blue with a diagonal yellow stripe—of the authorized “distinguishing flag” of the 77th SFG, which had been created and approved by the Department of the Army.5 On 16 June 1954, the 77th SFG background oval was approved.
            Attached Files

Comment

A very interesting portrait!

Looks like a later T-5 harness.
              Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Originally posted by GHP View Post
                Interesting photo. He also qualified for French wings, and he has US Army master parachutist wings on what looks like a 77th Special Forces Group background oval. You just can't jump 5 times and receive master parachutist wings; I wonder if he served in the 77th SFG? My father was a team sergeant in the 77th before he was commissioned and he said there were very few native-English speakers at that time (Lauri Törni/Larry Thorne was a corporal on Dad's team at that time).
                He served i.a. as a mercenary under Major Siegfried Müller "Kongo Müller" the dedication in the photo is also dedicated to Kongo Müller.

Comment

He served i.a. as a mercenary under Major Siegfried Müller "Kongo Müller" the dedication in the photo is also dedicated to Kongo Müller.
                  Do you know if he served in the US Army Special Forces? Really unique to see "Master Blaster" wings on someone who was not on active duty.
                  He sounds like a very interesting man. "Kongo Müller" .... I remember reading about him years ago.

Thanks,
                  -- Guy

Comment

please look: https://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/for...-after-the-war

and here: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siegfr..._(S%C3%B6ldner)

Comment

Originally posted by GHP View Post

Do you know if he served in the US Army Special Forces? Really unique to see "Master Blaster" wings on someone who was not on active duty.
                      He sounds like a very interesting man. "Kongo Müller" .... I remember reading about him years ago.

Thanks,
                      -- Guy
                      I think they served in the USA's LAB SERVICE after the war !!!!???!!!

Comment

cool!????

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X