Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earliest badge regiment general göring

Hi,
    i was asking me how many thin Juncker badge engraved « name + company Regiment General Göring » are known.
    i know how rare they are but maybe few badges rest in collections and were never published.

please share your experience about them and also pics.

For illustrating below a pictures courtesy of CIMILITARIA.COM (collection Eric S).
    Attached Files

An amazing badge
    WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

wow ,never seen another one .

Comment

I've had pictures of this one for 15 years, never seen another either.
        Alan

Comment

Same for me.
          I’ve never been able to record photos of another one.

Comment

based on your comments and experiences : the term "rare" is not strong enough ... maybe we should say "unique" ...

Comment

Looks really great, just one question, it is an engraving on the back or just a pen writting?

Could be based on my eyes I´m afraid...

Thanks

Matt

Comment

Would this be the earliest award to a paratrooper
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by August von Mackensen View Post
                  Looks really great, just one question, it is an engraving on the back or just a pen writting?

Could be based on my eyes I´m afraid...

Thanks

Matt
                  I think Matt asks a valid question, it does look like ink
                  WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

IMO the text is hand engraved and filled in with ink.

Comment

The Heitkamp badge is the most well known (published) example, but not the only one. Speaking of rare, the Heitkamp badge is a one of a kind because it is paired with the 1936 FSA award document - #43. That is in all probability the lowest number Luftwaffe FSA document that exists.

I know of two other J1 (CE Juncker) badges from former RGG members with name/unit scratched or inked on reverse. Unlike Heitkamp, they chose to write FJR 1 rather than their former regiment. There is also one other recently sold J1 with inked details, but unfortunately the former owner scratched them out post-war.

Not a Juncker, but there is also a 1st pattern Assmann para badge personalized by an RGG member shown on the same cimilitaria site. Have never seen a 1st pattern Luftwaffe para badge professionally engraved like their early Heer counterparts, but does not mean they don’t exist.

I believe Tom Durante shows at least one RGG named badge in his reference book, but it may be one of these already mentioned. Perhaps Tom knows other examples and can weigh in. An extremely rare and sought after badge, have been searching for one of these for several decades.

Regards,

Mike

Comment

I opened a new discussion for sharing my last find.
                        it was initially on FJ forum but it was moved on LW badges forum (i don’t know why, i was thinking here would be better for community).
                        here is the link !
                        Hi, Here is an early badge, very scarce and maybe the hardest FJ badge to find when named and engraved. i was seeking one for many years and i finally hunt one ! For my part i know only one other example ... from the same 4th Company/Regiment General Göring. Feel free to comment and maybe show more examples. Thank you for

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X