Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photos of the Feilschirmjäger Regiment 4 in 1942 / 1943

Hallo Community,
    I am looking for photos of the Feilschirm-Jäger-Regiment 4 1942/43 or pictures of my Great-Grandfather Oberleutnant. / Hauptmann Kurt Frö(h)lich.
    He was in the 3rd Battalion, 11 Company Chief, and later Adjudant from Oberstleutnant Erich Walther.

greetings
    Chris

Hi Chris,

welcome to the forum. My great uncle Kurt Jeschke also took part in the winter mission 42/43 in Russia. He was in the 9./FJR 3. In march 43 his unit supported the destroyed 12./FJR4 at Knobloch Höhe. The FJR4 lost Knobloch hill after heavy russian attacks, but the FJR 3 could take back the position. At 28.03.43 shortly before the paratroopers left the battlefield my great uncle was killed. The position of 12./FJR4 was close to the 11. company. You can read and see more photos at https://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/for...489544&page=12

It would be great if you can share more informations or photos from your great grandfather.

004.JPGFJR4 - Stellung III. BTL.jpgFJR3 - Einsatz Raum Lushki.jpg

Comment

Hi Kurt,
      Thank you very much for your information, the list by name in particular takes me further. I followed your great-grandfather's story, she is unbelievable. I am trying to track my great-grandfather's career and have already received a lot of information.

I also deciphered his MOB number (62897):

10th / Paratrooper Regiment 2
      10./Walther
      10th / Paratrooper Regiment 4

I also know that my great-grandfather was on March 18, 1939 for training in the student company of the Aviation Training Regiment 21.

Then he went to FJR2 in Gardelegen, I found an entry from 1940 that he was a Leutnant in FJR2 / III (Stendal) 9th company platoon leader.

On May 20, 1991 deployment under Hauptmann Schirmer in Crete near Chania Region Periolia. Here he was seriously wounded by a thigh bullet.

On February 20, 1942 in the newly formed FJR4 / III (Salzwedel), he was Leutnant Commander of the 11th Company

And most recently he was Hauptmann RgtsAdj from July 43. in FJR4 under Oberstleutnant Erich Walther.

he died on the night of 09/26/43 with the Ia-Schreiber Fw. Wischtrop on the way back from the div command post, died on the morning of 09/27/43 at 6:30 a.m.

The circumstances of the accident could not be clarified.

With his death on 09/27/43 he was promoted to major.

combat operations:

Corinth: lll. Btl. Under Hptm. Wiedemann in 2nd wave (start from Larissa, delayed due to lack of transport aircraft) but only in the afternoon of April 27th. by air transport, as regimental reserve security tasks.

Crete: lll. Btl. Started from Megara, as a combat group Wiedemann, jump Rethymnon, fights for oil factory, heavy losses.

Russia battle group Walther

Sizillien

I also have field letters copied:

https://www.forum-der-wehrmacht.de/i...o=4#post675787

greetings
      chris
      Last edited by Brando; 07-08-2020, 05:15 AM.

Comment

C6610AFC-CD0F-40C0-83CA-622D3D178AC2.jpeg

Comment

Thank you Chris,

I just read the letters, they very interesting. Unfortunately no more info about Russia. If you want know more about the winter mission 42/43 let me know.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X