Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

79th Anniversary - Kreta

Good day gents,

Please take time today to remember those who fell from all nations in the battle for Crete, and show any new items you have related to it.

I'll start with dirt from Hill 107 and a rock I fished out Rethymno Harbor when I visited last July. The badge is a "COVID-19" BSW.

vr

Bob
    Attached Files

Thank you for this post on Kreta Tag , thinking of old friends after all this is the FJ section .

Comment

The exact spot where Hans Joachim von Blucher was killed and buried. Original research and picture by Yannis Prekatsounakis
      Attached Files

Comment

Some then and now pictures on the actual spot in Heraklion.
        Attached Files

Comment

Then and now
          Attached Files

Comment

Schirmer west of Heraklion
            Attached Files

Comment

Nice thread Bob!

I was there on the 60th anniversary, so perhaps a trip for the 80th is in order! Problem is with no trips to Europe likely to occur for me this year, next year is already getting booked up.
              Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Thanks Willi! I was planning on going back at the end of this summer, and haven't completely canx'd the idea, but if I do - next year is a 100% certainty.

Yannis - thanks a ton for posting that image in Post #4 (and your others). I finally understand the perspective of that photo as the large rock outcropping always perplexed me relative to the orientation of the Ju-52 etc..

It's a damn shame to see what progress and development has done to some of those sites.

Still another week+ to go gents. Please post some Kreta-related material

vr

Bob

Comment

Put this on the quarantine thread, but it is appropriate here as well.

Both these Fallschirmjäger were NCOs in the Sturm Rgt., both jumped on Crete.
                  Attached Files
                  Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Originally posted by John Hodgin View Post
                    Put this on the quarantine thread, but it is appropriate here as well.

Both these Fallschirmjäger were NCOs in the Sturm Rgt., both jumped on Crete.
                    Great pics! Nice HPB.

Comment

Originally posted by Waffenreich View Post
                      Great pics! Nice HPB.
                      Thanks, it can be seen here:
                      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...55#post8730955
                      Esse Quam Videri

Comment

I've posted this on previous anniversaries, but in the interest of keeping this Thread alive I offer this map that was produced specifically for the invasion and was used in it as you can see some bloody fingerprints on it (above the helmet, near Suda Bucht, and right over th Gj's shoulder strap).

For our American members, have a safe and enjoyable Memorial Day weekend

vr

Bob
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Waffenreich View Post
                          I've posted this on previous anniversaries, but in the interest of keeping this Thread alive I offer this map that was produced specifically for the invasion and was used in it as you can see some bloody fingerprints on it (above the helmet, near Suda Bucht, and right over th Gj's shoulder strap).

For our American members, have a safe and enjoyable Memorial Day weekend

vr

Bob
                          thats a very nice display Bob

Comment

Kreta

Kreta
                            Attached Files

Comment

3rd Regiment

3rd Regiment
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X