• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello sir,

this is a well made reproduction.

Radek

Comment

Yes, a very made reproduction indeed. Fake markings, but they copied and original rather well. Snaps, wind cuffs, etc, nicely done. The removed eagle after the artificial aging/ wear is another clever attempt.
      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Originally posted by antifake View Post
        Hello sir,

this is a well made reproduction.

Radek
        +1
        Cloth colors are "kitsch" and markings are well made

Comment

Thank you, everybody .

I figured it out well when I bought it so I'm not disappointed. Have a great weekend

Comment

Hi, just a guess but is this from eBay (hopefully the link still works)

https://www.ebay.de/itm/knochensack-...p2047675.l2557

Comment

Originally posted by Willmore View Post
              Hi, just a guess but is this from eBay (hopefully the link still works)

https://www.ebay.de/itm/knochensack-...p2047675.l2557

maybe it's the same. however, I bought it from a private one a few miles from where I live today

Comment

Looks like G-max SplinterB fabric. These are rare reproductions.

I suspect sooner of later we will see some some aged/faked FJ-Werke jumpsmocks on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by andre1983bl View Post
                  Looks like G-max SplinterB fabric. These are rare reproductions.

I suspect sooner of later we will see some some aged/faked FJ-Werke jumpsmocks on this forum.

Hi there.

What makes these reproductions rare?

Comment

Originally posted by Aarhus192 View Post
                    Hi there.

What makes these reproductions rare?
                    Not many where sold because of the high price and the fabric shrinks 2 sizes after washing. En around 2012 Spearhead copied his jumpsmocks.

A Gmax costs around 280 USD and a Spearhead was 80-120USD.

Comment

Not many where sold because of the high price and the fabric shrinks 2 sizes after washing. En around 2012 Spearhead copied his jumpsmocks.

A Gmax costs around 280 USD and a Spearhead was 80-120USD.

Hi there.

Do you have a link to where they are sold?

What tricks do they use to age textiles?

Comment

Hi there.

Do you have a link to where they are sold?
                        G-max site is still online but his stuff is beeing sold by an other company.

What tricks do they use to age textiles?
                        This is not done by them.
                        Aging of reproduction clothes is done by "collectors" who can't afford the real thing, by re-enactors who want an battle look and those who want to scam you.

We have seen some diffrent fake/aged repro jumpsmocks here, From: Panther Store, Spearhead, G-max, SMWholesale and more.

Washing a few times, rolling thru the mud, sandingpaper and sun bleaching are the most used tricks.

Comment

G-max site is still online but his stuff is beeing sold by an other company.

This is not done by them.
                          Aging of reproduction clothes is done by "collectors" who can't afford the real thing, by re-enactors who want an battle look and those who want to scam you.

We have seen some diffrent fake/aged repro jumpsmocks here, From: Panther Store, Spearhead, G-max, SMWholesale and more.

Washing a few times, rolling thru the mud, sandingpaper and sun bleaching are the most used tricks.

Hi there.

Thank you very much.

When I bought it the other day by a middle-aged man there, I definitely figured it was a repro as well. Then it also bought in that faith. But with the possibility that one could have been pleasantly surprised. I'm new to FJ so I've never tried to have one in my hand before. and thought the money would have been well spent if now it had been the real one But mentally I didn't expect it. So it was just a fun purchase. But then I got some K98 bayonets from him too so totally stupid it was not

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X