Late War Fj

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MP 38 View Post
    I wish I had the $ to collect a weapon like that. The answer is no. Forgive me for asking questions that may seem to show my lack of knowledge of some of these items. Im among a lot of expertise here and it humbles me to say the least. Im always learning if that's ok.
    Not at all MP 38, asking questions is good and we are here to discuss militaria and military history. Please keep asking. This Forum has excellent information and it is hoped that you will do searches to learn more. It is just that your Forum name had me curious regarding your focus.

As promised, here is a detail of the frag sleeve and another of the entire grenade.
    Attached Files
    Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Thanks for a closer pic. Im not really sure what the purpose of the sleeve is ?
      Last edited by MP 38; 04-14-2020, 07:25 PM.

Comment

"Frag sleeve".

It fragments on detonation. Those little squares then become very lethal 'fragments', flying through the air.

Does that help?

N

Comment

Ok. I guess I thought that's what the grenade did in the first place anyway. Its just to make it even more lethal.

Comment

Originally posted by MP 38 View Post
            Ok. I guess I thought that's what the grenade did in the first place anyway. Its just to make it even more lethal.
            Reconsider the word concussive.
            Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Originally posted by John Hodgin View Post
              You are correct Sergey, and this helmet once had wire before the net was applied.

Thanks for all the positive comments gentlemen!

Nice details, John ! Always love twins
              Looking for FJR2 combat pics in Russia.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X