Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with german dog tag

Hello,

Don't normally collect German dog tags but recently got one. Usually collect US dog tags.

Supposedly found in Stalingrad. Can anyone tell what unit these markings denote?

It's a little cut off but reads "R. LE. FELDH. 7/384". Bottom reads "113"

Thanks in advance.

Can you post a picture of it?
    I've never seen such an inscription before.

I read it as: 7.Batterie Leichte Feldhaubitze, Regiment 384.
    This would be Artillerie-Regiment 384, which was destroyed at Stalingrad as part of the 384. Infanterie-Division.
    "113" would be the soldier's personal number.
    I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
    Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
    My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Having trouble posting a pic? Will only let me post as an image URL. Any ideas? Sorry, haven't don't this in a while....

Comment

You are probably not a full member, for 25 USD you can become one and post pictures here.
        Or, you could use an (free) online image hosting service.
        But if you send me a message, i'll post the image for you.
        Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.

Comment

Here is the picture. I hope that some others members can give their opinion on the tekst.
          Attached Files

Comment

Yes, It's original not used ID-tag from Stalingrad in very poor condition.

7 Batterie (leichte feldhaubitze) / Artillerie Regiment 384, 384 Infanterie Division.
            Attached Files

Comment

Wow that's it right there! Thanks! So are you saying it's an unissued tag? It may not look like it but the tag does have a number that would have identified who it belonged to. The number is "113".
              Thanks

Comment

unit records - bad odds

Correct, if you can find the unit records. poor odds at best.

Here is a sample of the type of document you would be looking for:

Russ

www.foreonthevolga.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Admiraal View Post
                  Here is the picture. I hope that some others members can give their opinion on the tekst.
                  Your tag has been fired.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X