MilitaryStockholm

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6 Fallschirmjägerdivison - Market Garden ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 Fallschirmjägerdivison - Market Garden ?

here i have got a nice Wehrpass from a member in Flak Units - In May 1944 he comes to Paratrooper Units.

First and Second site are damaged -From Page 3 half is misssed...!

At Page 26 He got 1 Battle Day entry for awarded LW Ground Assualt badge at 22. September 1944 - i think - its in Arnheim Area ?????

What do you think ?
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Nice unit, entered the FJR 6 to replace the heavy losses on D-Day and the Battle of Carentan.

FJR 6 on 22nd September:

Axis forces began to tighten their grip on "Hells Highway" over the next few days. General Student’s First Fallschirmjager Army was ordered to sever the Allied corridor and plans were made for a joint attack from the east and west on the 22nd September, centred around Veghel. FJR 6 were ordered to support Kampfgruppe Huber to this end, but they were still strung out between Tilburg and Boxtel, engaged along a wide front - they were forced to undergo a 33km night march followed by a further 30km hike just to reach the start point for the attack. Transport was non-existent and forming up was done while still partially in contact with the enemy, all of which combined to make von der Heydte's troops 24 hours late and in a state of near exhaustion.

http://www.fjr6.co.uk/holland.html

Comment

Wow - Many Thanks for this exactly Information !!!!!! Thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by mtdr View Post
                Nice unit, entered the FJR 6 to replace the heavy losses on D-Day and the Battle of Carentan.

FJR 6 on 22nd September:

Axis forces began to tighten their grip on "Hells Highway" over the next few days. General Student’s First Fallschirmjager Army was ordered to sever the Allied corridor and plans were made for a joint attack from the east and west on the 22nd September, centred around Veghel. FJR 6 were ordered to support Kampfgruppe Huber to this end, but they were still strung out between Tilburg and Boxtel, engaged along a wide front - they were forced to undergo a 33km night march followed by a further 30km hike just to reach the start point for the attack. Transport was non-existent and forming up was done while still partially in contact with the enemy, all of which combined to make von der Heydte's troops 24 hours late and in a state of near exhaustion.

http://www.fjr6.co.uk/holland.html

Aram,
                This man served with Fallschirm-Artillerie-Regiment 6, part of the 6. Fallschirmjäger-Division, not Fallschirmjäger-Regiment 6.

To give you my honest opinion: I do not really like the Nahkampf entry in the Wehrpass for the 22.9.1944. Looks to me like a postwar entry.

Comment

@Dennis;
                  this Entry i think is really like original ! I picked up this Wehrpass from the Vets Family...the Vet died last year ! - Its written old - for me - original !

Comment

Dennis, thanks for your correction. The last days I was researching one of my own Soldbucher related to FJR 6, now I see in every FJ-unit the FJR6
                    Originally posted by dennisb View Post
                    Aram,
                    This man served with Fallschirm-Artillerie-Regiment 6, part of the 6. Fallschirmjäger-Division, not Fallschirmjäger-Regiment 6.

To give you my honest opinion: I do not really like the Nahkampf entry in the Wehrpass for the 22.9.1944. Looks to me like a postwar entry.

Comment

Originally posted by Schuasta View Post
                      @Dennis;
                      this Entry i think is really like original ! I picked up this Wehrpass from the Vets Family...the Vet died last year ! - Its written old - for me - original !
                      I can't see anything wrong with this entry too!

Kind regards, Peter

Comment

@Peter;
                        Many Thanks !

But now - how is fighting this men ?????

Comment

Originally posted by mtdr View Post
                          Dennis, thanks for your correction. The last days I was researching one of my own Soldbucher related to FJR 6, now I see in every FJ-unit the FJR6
                          Somehow I see that not as a big problem..

@Peter;
                          Many Thanks !

But now - how is fighting this men ?????
                          From 19.9.1944 I./Fallschirm-Artillerie-Regiment 6 was attached to Kampfgruppe Hermann. III. Bataillon was not at that moment.

Comment

Kampfgruppe Hermann - at Arnheim - Venlo Area ???

Comment

Kampfgruppe Hermann - at Arnheim - Venlo Area ???
                              Kampfgruppe Hermann attacked towards Mook - Riethorst.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X