GermanMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soldbuch panzerJäger in Norway (from Alsace)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soldbuch panzerJäger in Norway (from Alsace)

Hello everyone,

This is my last soldbuch.
    He belonged to Ernst ( Ernest in French) Weibel, born in 1920 in France (next to Haguenau/Strasbourg ). He was called by the Wehrmacht in the end of August 1944.
    He was send to the Aufklarungs ersatz und ausbildungs abteilung 10. We can note a nice pic on the cover with shoulder board with the number 10.
    In November 1944 he was send to Norway (personaltransport Norwegen on the cover). He was integrated to the instruction company of the 862th Grenadier Régiment of the 274th Infantry Division. The division was on the south west coast of Norway. The objectif was to secure the coast.
    In late November 1944 he was send to the Heeres PanzerJäger Abteilung 463 witch was attached to the 274th division. The anti tank unit used 7,5cm PaK 40 (and also french captured canons) and 5cm Pak. The abteilung was entirely motorised until the end of the war. They surrender in May 1945 and never fought.
    We can note the 1st page wath we can see on many Norway Soldbucher that indicate that the soldbuch belong to the soldier (in jully 1945!)

Some really really interestant rapports
    https://www.forum-der-wehrmacht.de/i...l-ii/&pageNo=1

Does someone can help me with this page, I reed "Munition" and then "zh patr." is it for "patrone"?

Equipment until jully 45

Damn, he was short, even for the time... just 150cm. There's children these days who are taller.

Apart from that, an interesting Soldbuch. I like the post-war leaflet next to his portrait, it adds character.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X