Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK 2 envelopes and presentation

All

I am new to all of this, so pardon my ignorance, which shows up frequently..

I am asking about EK2 presentation envelopes, and cases. On various sale sites around the web, I see numerous examples of the EK2 paper envelopes being offered...some MM, some not. I also see presentation cases.

Are the cases good, or not? If good, what prompted the difference between using a paper envelope vs a case for EK2 awarding?

I did some searching on here for these topics, but did not find a whole lot of info.

any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Originally posted by jigmaster63 View Post
    All

I am new to all of this, so pardon my ignorance, which shows up frequently..

I am asking about EK2 presentation envelopes, and cases. On various sale sites around the web, I see numerous examples of the EK2 paper envelopes being offered...some MM, some not. I also see presentation cases.

Are the cases good, or not? If good, what prompted the difference between using a paper envelope vs a case for EK2 awarding?

I did some searching on here for these topics, but did not find a whole lot of info.

any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance
    No idea why a few EK2's were offered in cases vs. envelopes. I'm guessing most field awards were done in enveloped EK's, with cases being offered for private purchase at home in Germany. That's just a guess.

Yes, some of the cases are good, but they've been faked. Much like everything else. Envelopes have also been faked, but not to a huge extent.

Hope that helps just a bit.

H
    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
    ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

I started a Blog Post about fake bags but only part 1 and I still research on that topic.
      http://www.bacuffz.com/2018/07/11/fa...-world-part-i/

Will take a little bit until I have all information on IC 2 bags....

Best
      Sascha

Comment

EK2 cases were generally private purchased pieces and you will not see them awarded in the field. You will see examples of packeted EK2s and EK1s presented, as well as cased EK1s. Basically, the cases were part of the awarding ceremony if they were not actually separated from the crosses before the presentation.

Here are two images. The first shows a cased EK1 being presented, while the second shows both EK1s and EK2s being presented; you can see the EK1 case and EK award document on the tray held by the officer on the right.
        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X