grand cross of the order of the german eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grand cross of the order of the german eagle

a guy has this for sale . I have never seen a real one. any thoughts. no maker and the pin in sideways not up and down
    Attached Files

thanks for any info
    Attached Files

Comment

Run away as fast as you can
      cheers
      Peter

Comment

no clue on originality but if seller presents such awards with so poor pictures without light...that can be a bad sign!

Comment

crappy photos are me. not the best lighting. I told him I would have to get it checked out will give it back when I see him. thanks ed

Comment

Passable reproduction, nothing more.

Walk!

Comment

I have one that’s similar. Lacks swords and is highly vaulted. Have been told the same as Gary relates. Mine’s 93.85 high & wide versus the 91mm called for. On mine the birds are silvered while the star is gold. Read in Forman’s (p 172) that the early style had the pin offset from center with two rivets this was a Godet (this pin is offset like the Godet.) No one likes the chicken headed bird.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

The guy buys estates and has had a lot of great stuff in the past. Not sure what his price was . I told him i would get it checked out then if good we would come up with a price.

Comment

Looks like they were made by the same person. Anyone know who made them

Comment

Ed, don't even bother with this piece of junk. Try a search on DAO's and have a look at an original piece, that would tell you all you need to know.

cheers
                      Peter

Comment

I will return it on wendsday. Thanks for all the help. Ed

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X