Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First awarded GCiG

Hello,

i know there were several GCiG awarded on the 18th of october 1941, but the question is, is there an official name of the soldier listed as the first holder?

Thanks for your help.
    Best regards
    Detlev

Hi Detlev,

according to an newspaper article, the very first recipient was Oblt. Robert von Malapert-Neufville who was officially awarded the DKiG on 15th of october beside other Luftwaffe-soldiers. On 18th the award was firstly bestowed to Heer-soldiers.

Malapert's cross is engraved with "I", which probably indicates the "first bestowal" butwith a later date, so i believe the award was handed over lateron.

Attached you'll find pictures of the award procedure to: Joachim Rieger, Robert v. Malapert and August Hachtel, all from the StuG 1. I believe the man pinning the awards on the soldier's uniforms is Oberstleutnant (Lt.Col.) Walter Hagen.

Hope this helps.
    Greetings, S.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Stefan,

thanks for your information. I didn t ask correctly, i am looking for the first soldier in the army. I found the following statement in the Forum der Wehrmacht.

Dabei fällt Rittmeister Orschler, der Kommandeur der Aufklärungsabteilung 263, der erste Soldat der deutschen Wehrmacht, der das Deutsche Kreuz in Gold erhielt.

I guess there is no number 1, but i was curious, because i was lucky enough to get the group.

Best regards
      Detlev

Comment

Originally posted by StefanK. View Post
        Hi Detlev,

according to an newspaper article, the very first recipient was Oblt. Robert von Malapert-Neufville...
        Hey Stefan,

Very interesting and very nice engraved DK. Thank you for showing the photos and sharing the information.
        Best regards,
        Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X