Souval oakleaves w/s and diamonds, but not really

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Souval oakleaves w/s and diamonds, but not really

Hi guys, i have this piece. Seems like a pair of Souval oaks with swords and diamonds, without the diamonds though,
    It is marked 800 on the ring.

Any thoughts on them ? and have anyone seen a pair that wasnt 'finished' from souval ? Considering he made them post war, it seems unusual that they are un-finished

29467970_10213969879073237_2859281401075728384_n.jpg

29433233_10213969883313343_8550513131594448896_n.jpg

29472651_10213969881433296_7771891227900772352_n.jpg

29496068_10213969881633301_5633376468047233024_n.jpg

That set looks strange

Andy

Comment

I owned a similar pair, as well as the finished versions with diamonds, silver and gold edition.
      From what I can see, your example is similar to the one I had in my collection - nice find.

Comment

nice set from Souval, the sword detail is particularly nice, but always a strange shaped Oakleaf , I have a diamonds set, sold by Mathijs no less 😉

Comment

Originally posted by AndyC View Post
          That set looks strange

Andy
          Yes, even to be a piece of fake junk

Comment

I'm not sure why everyone needs to keep making the stupid comments about Souval items whenever they are posted here. We are not allowed to discuss them in the 57er forum so this is the only place available. They are not junk to postwar Souval collectors and as there is a rather important need to determine what is wartime and what is postwar Souval, one would have thought that healthy discussion would have been welcomed. An awful lot less postwar Souvals would be passed off as wartime if such healthy discussion was allowed to take place without all the bullock's droppings to go with it.

Anyway, just a thought, moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony T-S View Post
              I'm not sure why everyone needs to keep making the stupid comments about Souval items whenever they are posted here. We are not allowed to discuss them in the 57er forum so this is the only place available. They are not junk to postwar Souval collectors and as there is a rather important need to determine what is wartime and what is postwar Souval, one would have thought that healthy discussion would have been welcomed. An awful lot less postwar Souvals would be passed off as wartime if such healthy discussion was allowed to take place without all the bullock's droppings to go with it.

Oh, Tony, I just could´t resist
              If I´m not totally wrong, "serious discussions" about the Souval produced awards have occurred here, but every time ended in misery (more or less, at least).
              The Souval company did make awards during the III. Reich. I don´t think anyone doubts that, but they did not produce the Knight´s Cross or higher grades.
              Now, people may collect whatever they want. I have no problem with what they collect, but IMO Souval made KCs, OLs, Swords etc. have nothing to do in this forum.
              Why discussions are forbidden in the 1957 forum I don´t know.
              Perhaps it´s time to give good ol´ Rudolf his very own forum?

Comment

So poor one!

Comment

Originally posted by Tony T-S View Post

And once again, I'm in agreement with you Tony.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X