EspenlaubMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diamonds formal documents from Adelbert Schulz in auction ! Ultra RARE !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by August von Mackensen View Post
    That would be my privy secret....
    You know and I know that is is just talk to appear “in the know”!
    B&D PUBLISHING
    Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Originally posted by August von Mackensen View Post
      The complete set was bought from another dealer duo direct out of the family for also a big ammount of money, then it was handed over to the Thies auction house. The profit was not that high as expected....

Matt

For the dealers involved definitely the best strategy to have it auctioned by Thies since they would have lacked the profile (and cash) acting alone.

ml

Comment

Originally posted by markus View Post
        All documents were auctioned off without a fearce bidding fight.

For one of the nices pieces in this hobby a little lame in my own opinion.

How many collectors are able (and willing) to pay such a high amount for a collectible? Is it a steady investment?
        Will young collectors have interest for the Schulz docs in the future?
        I would not call it lame.
        Congratz to the buyer... a brilliant set of documents

Comment

Originally posted by Nightstalker View Post
          How many collectors are able (and willing) to pay such a high amount for a collectible? Is it a steady investment?
          Will young collectors have interest for the Schulz docs in the future?
          I would not call it lame.
          Congratz to the buyer... a brilliant set of documents
          Exactly. Few collectors with this cash are willing to shell it out for a collectible with a questionable future. EUR 800k (+ com.) compares with a lot of other things, amongst them collectibles with high returns on investments. I still call it lame, but a great purchase by someone who does not care (or can calmly ignore) an ROI !

I wonder whether it went to the U.S. ...

Cheers,
          Markus

Comment

Congratulations to the successful bidder. You have acquired masterpieces of both art and history.

Comment

Originally posted by Leroy View Post
              Congratulations to the successful bidder. You have acquired masterpieces of both art and history.
              B&D PUBLISHING
              Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

What makes all these formal award documents unique and fascinating is that each letter is handmade. Non is standard. This applies to the most common (KC) as well as to the rarest of them all, the diamonds. Each one is a unique piece of art. The diamonds document is especially impressive due to its weight alone!
                When you take the documents out and look at them in the light on a clear and sunny Sunday morning it will leave you speechless!

Comment

Presentation

Presentation
                  Attached Files

Comment

The facts

At the risk of starting yet another nasty WAF thread argument that goes nowhere allow me, as a person “in the know, to state the facts:

1. The consignor was very pleased with the final selling price and his profit. As this was the most expensive Third Reich artifact ever sold at auction, I would hardly consider $1.4 million dollars “lame”!

2. Once again, given the expense of the reserve price the number of bidders, (three phone bidders, three through the auction platform lot tissimo and four written bids) I would hardly consider the interest “lame”.

Mike
                    Attached Files

Comment

I think the price is great, the higher end segment of the market is holding up just fine it seems.

Comment

Unfortunately MUCH too high for my pocket-money... but if You compare items like this with e.g. paintings at auctions for international art, this for sure is NOT too much money for fantastic and rare collectibles like this!

Best, Peter

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X