WWII KC Beer Mugs & Iron Plaque

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WWII KC Beer Mugs & Iron Plaque

I occasionally attend Estate Sales and recently saw these items being listed on an upcoming sale as original WWII Rare Nazi beer steins and a plaque taken from a building in Berlin. I believe them to be complete fantasy items. What do you think? I sent an email to the person running the sale about my concerns and they responded saying the veteran was stationed in Germany and brought these items back.
    Attached Files

Here is the Iron Plaque
    Attached Files

Comment

The person running the Estate Sale also mentioned that the veteran wrote a book on WWII German Commanders but could not recall the title but would furnish this information later on today.

Comment

The steins are surely fantasy and not period.

Comment

They were made in the 1960s to the early 1980s in Wisconsin and sold as one of a kind souvenir mugs of famous German personalities. The maker, whi I do not khiw, used to sell these in Shotgun News.

Bob Hritz
          In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Nothing WWII period on these photos.

Mike

Comment

I went to this sale yesterday morning. The sale is for Clint R Hackney who co-wrote a book with John Angolia called 'The Pour le Merite and Germany's First Aces'. I spent $200 there...bought a bag of gun parts there for $2....one is a firing pin for a Luger P.08, another is a WaA855 Luger P08 loading tool. I got another baggie with two S&W 50s era sight screw drivers...again 2 bucks! One wall of the garage has a built in book shelf. There are hundreds of books. I did not have time to go through them as I was traveling from Arizona to Biloxi...but maybe 30 books written in German, I bought two of those....among the books I got...Luger Variations by Jones, Encyclopedia of German Tanks by Chamberlain and Doyle, Swords of Hitler's Third Reich by Angolia, two books on the Mauser Broomhandle both signed by the authors.....German language books I got were 1933 edition of Der Rote Kampfflieger by Richthofen, Die Ritterkreuztrager dear Waffenamt-SS by Kratschmer, Der Russlandkreig Fotografiert von Soldaten by Paul Carell
              Last edited by Brian5016; 11-04-2017, 05:50 AM.

Comment

I took pics of some of the items, including the bottom of one of the mugs...they were priced at 200 each but should be half off today...Hackney was a captain in the Army military police...some of his almost new looking uniforms are there.....a set of 50s era OD fatigues..new looking with all the patches etc they had for $30 I think....I don't have a way to upload the pics I took if you want to see them PM me an email address and I will send them to you...the people doing the sale are nice, but they just don't know anything about militaria or guns. Hackney went into the Army in 1952....at some point he was stationed in Germany....the metal sign was gone...all the mugs were still there....the Luger 'parts' I bought are in excellent condition and are legit. The SW screwdrivers are legit and look unused...there was three gun cleaning kits there that I didn't get a chance to look through. There are hundreds of books there and most pertain to either Ww1 or Ww2....I could only stay there about 30 minutes si I just quickly grabbed a few books....the German language books looked to be excellent history books. A lot of woman type of antiques, all of the Solido vehicles were there, I bought a Tiger tank..
                Last edited by Brian5016; 11-04-2017, 05:56 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X