This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attention! Please read! Policy change!

After very long deliberation and with approval of most (active) moderators and with the comment of the owner of the forum that he never liked the idea of outside hosting anyway, the following policy change will be introduced here in Crosses (and at the distinction of moderators of other subfora in their areas):

Posts or new threads which contain photos that are hosted by an outside source will be erased! In special cases, at the discretion of moderators or association members, photos from outside hosting might be and can be copied and pasted back into such threads by moderators or any association member. The goal is not censorship but preservation of thread integrity.
    This policy is instituted in order to preserve the threads for later reading and thus also preserving the integrity of the overall forum, being one of the best sources on the planet for this hobby. It has unfortunately happened over the last years that a very large amount of threads became useless due to the missing photos. This policy will stop that degeneration of the forum.

We sincerely hope this will find the approval of all members, no matter the membership status.
    B&D PUBLISHING
    Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

It's about time! So many useless threads taking up space.... Hopefully moderators in the other sub forums will follow suit.

Chet
    Zinc stinks!

Comment

Totally agree!!! Fantastic.

Comment

So that means anyone posting a picture will need to be a paying member?

Comment

Great!

Comment

Bravo!

Comment

Excellent move.

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
                So that means anyone posting a picture will need to be a paying member?
                In principle, yes. However, if you ask an association member or a moderator to preserve your post it can be done. It depends on the topic. And some post will stand until an answer is given and then will be erased.

This is NOT to raise money for the owner! If that would be the case, he would have instituted an overall policy against outside hosting. This is a policy born by the moderators and managed by the moderators in order to preserve the forum integrity. Maybe, maybe, one day in the far futire the owner might change the policy to an overall policy. Maybe.

I do not care about the money, none of my business. I care about this subforum alone.
                B&D PUBLISHING
                Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

15 years late, but thanks

Comment

Thanks Dietrich!
                    I've added it to the Political section as well.
                    Erich
                    Festina lente!

Comment

Thanks

Great change, now we can keep posts and not lose important data. Jim

Comment

Originally posted by jmcm View Post
                        great!
                        great!!!!!

Comment

Regards
                          Hans N

Don´t throw away your fake WB´s! Get in touch with me.
                          I collect them for reference purposes for the benefit of the hobby (for the right "fake" price of course).

Comment

I fully agree, well done
                            I hope that this rule will be extended to all WAF's rooms.

Comment

Long overdue. I am a member of another forum as well which was haunted by this very problem. This is the right thing to do. -Ger

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X