EKII ID Help on Mint Piece

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EKII ID Help on Mint Piece

This one is amazingly fresh. Anyone recognize this? I have to say this one looks the least aged of any I've ever seen.

Hi Brian,

Well, the hump on the frame for the eye should narrow it down, but it doesn't look like a Deschler or a W&L.

Comment

That is a Deumer.

Cheers.
      Peter

Comment

Eagle eye Peter!!

Yep, just looked at mine and it's a match.

Comment

To say you guy's expertise never fails to amaze me would be a gross understatement, thanks.

Comment

Brian,

Per your request, a #7. Sorry the pics aren't better.

Comment

Looks like a nice one. Appears to be a little silver "brush-up" done on the frame

Top of 12 oclock arm and top of 3 oclock arm ....

Comment

Thanks for the Meybauer photos. I'd love to see a thread on round cornered EKII's and I's sometime.

No brush up but I know what you mean. There's like a plating on this EKII. It's a metal finish and original to the cross. It's on the loop also.

Darrell you a dagger collector? Those guys (or you guys) think everything's a parts piece or enhanced.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian S
                  No brush up but I know what you mean. There's like a plating on this EKII. It's a metal finish and original to the cross. It's on the loop also.

Darrell you a dagger collector? Those guys (or you guys) think everything's a parts piece or enhanced.
                  Nope. Gotta Hitler Jugend Knife .. thats about as far into daggers as I ventured. The silvered plating is quite normal on mint crosses. That and the frosting. It just looked wierd thats all.

Looks like a nice one too.

Comment

Ha, thanks Darrell. I used to be into daggers but the "everything is fake unless I sell it to you" crowd of small time dealers got to me. Glad you like it. It's the mintiest little bar I've ever seen.

Comment

definitly a nice piece !

How can u tell it is a Deumer ?

Thanks

Herr

Comment

Here is the bar in all its simple glory. As "He whose name shall not be mentioned said", "these bars were often marriage bars, once worn, left behind, not worn in the muck" and it looks as it should.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Ahhh...... I've seen that bar before. Beautiful. The medals I love.

Comment

Just wondering why the KVK is mounted reverse side out? Was this common practice? Or, maybe an accident?

Thanks, Brian

Comment

Originally posted by brian c
                              Just wondering why the KVK is mounted reverse side out? Was this common practice? Or, maybe an accident?

Thanks, Brian
                              Never noticed that, but you are right ... interesting.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X