Prinzen bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prinzen bars

These first and second class Prinzen bars came in with the crosses also posted, dont give me the warm and fuzzy feeling, just double checking prior to repro box.
    Attached Files

Hi Steve,

From what I can see neither bar is a prinzen; both of your 1939 bars for 1914 EKs are just called EK I and EK II "spanges". The term "Prinzen" specifically refers to a smaller version of the second class spange which is only 24mm wide instead of the regular 30mm wide for the 2nd class spange.

No idea about your 1st class bar so wait for the expert's to chime in to be sure but IMO your second class spange is identical to a repro marked "L/4" I bought in the 70's

Regards

JC

Comment

I do not like any of these two Spange.

The 1st Class could be a raptor fake, and the 2nd might be a fae too.
      But wait for more experienced people to answer this thread also.

What might help identify these would be pictures straight on front and back. These pictures are a from an angle.

/Flemming

Comment

spanges

Both are fakes. Jim

Comment

SP1 is a zinc Meybauer marked L/13, or a fake of it (likely).

SP2 is a type about which there is still some confusion. Originals in zinc are known and attributed to L59. P&L also has this SP2 design in their catalogue. The one-piece prongs are a good sign but the channel in which they sit is not. It's likely a fake too. Is it marked?

I believe both pieces need better photos before being consigned to the fake bin for sure.
          Best regards,
          Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
          X