Order of the German Eagle for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order of the German Eagle for review

Hello everyone, I first wanna apologize for the awful photos. This was recently just offered in trade to me and I was hoping from the photos provided that my fellow forum members could help with authenticating this piece for me. Thank you for any help!
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

If someone is offering a rather expensive piece like this, the least you could expect is a decent illustration. Further more, non of the pictured written reference is relevant to this piece, as it's a higher grade. It looks like a legit Godet, but you definately need better images.

cheers
      Peter

Comment

This is a German Eagle Order Breast Star with swords original.

Is a 3Rd design (1943-1945)

Maker is Godet & Co.

Gold and Catch is missing So its value is much lower than usual. I estimate its value in this state should not exceed 1500 €

I'm not sure the photos you provided us but seems to have also lost the tip of the lower part of the right of the star. If this is so, its value is even lower so I would not buy this copy for more than 800 € .... not even recommend you to buy that issue waiting to find another better conditions

Comment

You must ask for more and better photos!

Comment

Originally posted by Ludwig View Post
            You must ask for more and better photos!
            Still waiting to see the better photos. This guy wanted to talk my head off until I asked for better photos now he is a ghost hopefully I hear back from him.

Thanks for all the help everyone!

Comment

Order of the German Eagle

I agree with Marisca in post number 4. The pictures tell the story, no new photos are needed. Wait until you find a piece in better condition, and you will be much happier that you did not get this one. I would not want it in my collection. Smitty.

Comment

He wanted 10,000 usd for it....We were a little apart on our prices.

Comment

The whole sales pitch was textbook behaviour for a shady guy. Images of the close ups neatly edited not show the missing tip and a blurry image of the whole set (as observed by Marisacal), one I didn't even bother to look at.

cheers
                  Peter

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                  X