EK-1 L15 help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The facts about L15 iron crosses:

1. After the war, Mr. Floch bought the leftover parts from Orth company, consisting in different parts from the VIenna makers (Orth, Souval, Schenkl), and commissioned a company (unknown name to date) to assembly that parts. On the other hand, Souval continued with their own postwar production till the seventies.
    2. That early iron crosses made by Floch from original parts were marked with L15, incuse relief style.
    3. The only authorized maker to use the L/15 number was Otto Schickle, and after very few time was disauthorized. His LDO mark was an L/15 inside a box, few examples survived. The Orth numbers were L/14 for private pieces and 15 for awarded pieces.
    4. As the original lefover parts ran out, were replaced with newmade Floch parts, with the same marking mark (L15).
    5. Finally, the Floch iron crosses were entirely made from new parts, using the very same L15 mark as well as others in the same style like L11, L21, and L73, or unmarked. These pieces are known as Floch fakes, and they are indeed very well made and so dangerous fakes.

Conclusions: L15 marked iron crosses are postwar assembled or postwar made.
    If really there is a war made iron cross marked L15 (it may be, nearly nothing is impossible), it will need to be proved.

I'll be glad to learn more about this matter.

Comment

Eklipse, you have to see it at all on all awards!
      When we talk about EK1, there are authentic Orth variant with L15, but Floch fakes with L15! That is the reason why some do not trust in this. But Floch L15 pins have a different shape! And some parts are left over pins. But if you concentrate on more items like KVK1 or KVK2 you will find zinc Version (after 1942) which is not so intersting for souveniors hunters! Additional I have seen a complete SS lot with a zinc KVK1 include all documents! I have no doubts that after 1942 a supplier produce award with L15 maker mark, which has nothing to do with floch fakes!

What do you think is this KVK2 ZINC also a Floch Fake?
      Attached Files
      Last edited by 5tefan; 07-22-2016, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Thanks to all of you. Your knowledges are really impressive. You helped me very much. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by 5tefan View Post
          Eklipse, you have to see it at all on all awards!
          When we talk about EK1, there are authentic Orth variant with L15, but Floch fakes with L15! That is the reason why some do not trust in this. But Floch L15 pins have a different shape! And some parts are left over pins. But if you concentrate on more items like KVK1 or KVK2 you will find zinc Version (after 1942) which is not so intersting for souveniors hunters! Additional I have seen a complete SS lot with a zinc KVK1 include all documents! I have no doubts that after 1942 a supplier produce award with L15 maker mark, which has nothing to do with floch fakes!

What do you think is this KVK2 ZINC also a Floch Fake?
          Stefan, thank you very much for sharing here your opinions.
          This ia an interesting matter, but today -for me- any L15 marking means a red flag.
          By the time "after 1942", the maker Otto Schickle (LDO number L/15) was for sure out of bussines.
          The Floch theory of leftover original parts is coherent with the material evidence and documented (if the own Floch declarations can be considered so).
          May be the LDO reissued this number to other maker, but till date it doesn't appear in any known original document, so it is speculative.
          May be the die maker from Orth made a mistake, but it doesn't justify the wrong use of this stamp during the war on so large quantities.
          May be you KVK2 is wartime but just the ring assembled postwar, may be not. Is yor KVK2 made by Orth (from Orth dies, I mean)?. May be Floch bought original unfinished parts from some different makers, not only leftovers from Orth.
          There are many questions in the air, but I believe the facts I mentioned in my last post are all true.
          May be Dietrich investigations will bring soon some light to this dark matter, or may be in few time it will appear a new original document.
          Always any contribution to this issue is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Eklipse View Post
            Always any contribution to this issue is welcome.
            Apparently not because you constantly refuse to consider any options other than your own.
            Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
            Decorations of Germany

Comment

Originally posted by Rich G View Post
              Apparently not because you constantly refuse to consider any options other than your own.
              Your post disqualify yourself and doesn't contribute positively to this forum. Please, be serious.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X