DKiG Leutnant Franz Kneissl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DKiG Leutnant Franz Kneissl

Would appreciate any personal data on Leutnant Franz Kneissl of SS Panzer Grenadier Div of Das Reich. Served in East and West. Informed he won DKig on 2-l-42.

Hello:
    Mark Yerger in his excellent books about the SS-Pz.Div."Das Reich" Knights of Steel" in vol. 2 gives the following information about this officer:
    served as platoon commander,of the Sturmg.Batterie of "D.R." as of Febr.1941, his rank is also given as SS-Obstuf. with promotion date of 30.Jan.1942. He was awarded the I.C.1. Cl. on 9.Aug.1941. He was born on 14.Oct.1902
    . -Assigned to the Art.Regt."Das Reich " after the unit was disbanded and employed as ammunition supply leader of 4.Batterie after that his traces are lost.
    The SS-Ranklist of 1.July 1944 gives his D.o.B. as 14.Oct 1912 and SS-Number 10002. He was promoted to SS-Hstuf. with date of 9.Nov.1943. This list had handwritten updates until Jan. 1945 but none were listed for this officer.
    I hope this information is helpful.
    Bernhard H. Holst

Comment

Expanded, more detailed, and updated info on Kneissl in my next book, as well as his GC award text recommendation and a photo. Along with later KC holder Telkamp, one of only 2 GC winners with the original Sturmgeschütz Batterie of "Reich" formed in 1941 and disbanded in 1942.

Best
      Mark

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X