No announcement yet.

EK1 vaulting, good or bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bending of the arm like yours is done be the awardee or some one else after receiving the cross ... and one finds more of those than factory vaulted crosses .
    Many have been damaged that way - where the paint on the front has cracked or even chipped .
    By polishing the frame you may be removing the silvering -- black usually indicates tarnished silver . This was known to happen and therefor a thin layer or lacquer was applied to reduce tarnishing .
    One does finds hand 'bent' crosses of many other makers also .
    LDO EK1s factory vaulted were aloud . At one time I had this factory full vaulted L/11 ... which I sold to R. Pierce .

Douglas

Ek 1 Vaulting Memo.jpg 7.JPG 13.JPG

Comment

To the above post : 65 should read or is a L/11 . Editing did not work for some reason ?

Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas 5 View Post
        Bending of the arm like yours is done be the awardee or some one else after receiving the cross ... and one finds more of those than factory vaulted crosses .
        Many have been damaged that way - where the paint on the front has cracked or even chipped .
        By polishing the frame you may be removing the silvering -- black usually indicates tarnished silver . This was known to happen and therefor a thin layer or lacquer was applied to reduce tarnishing .
        One does finds hand 'bent' crosses of many other makers also .
        LDO EK1s factory vaulted were aloud . At one time I had this factory full vaulted L/11 ... which I sold to R. Pierce .

Douglas
        Very nice factory vaulted 1914 EK1 Cross!

Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge with us. Is very kind of you indeed.

Take care my friend.

Comment

For clarification : ... this is a WW2 re-issued/struck private purchase WW1 EK1 ( made by Deumer L/11 -- a WW2 frame with a WW1 core ) ... probably a WW1 vet that lost or no longer has his WW1 EK1 .

Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas 5 View Post
            For clarification : ... this is a WW2 re-issued/struck private purchase WW1 EK1 ( made by Deumer L/11 -- a WW2 frame with a WW1 core ) ... probably a WW1 vet that lost or no longer has his WW1 EK1 .

Douglas
            Great!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X