HisCol

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this Grand Cross of the order of the German Eagle original?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i would highly recommend that you take a experienced jeweller on advice and let him clean it up if it is to be cleaned. as to not ruin the finish that may still be present under the tarnish.

Comment

It’s marked 21 beside the 900 mark. The clear picture has the 21 inside down.

Comment

Originally posted by WRanG View Post
        i would highly recommend that you take a experienced jeweller on advice and let him clean it up if it is to be cleaned. as to not ruin the finish that may still be present under the tarnish.
        Great advice, for me this is the way to go with a rare nice piece like you have or as said do not clean it at all.If you do not clean it jmo that is smart way to go if you ever try to sell it, you can sell it as a un messed with piece it really helps the value to a advanced collector.

Dennis J

Comment

I would clean it ... I used a cleaning product for silver cream for a 1937 Order with a star that was black and was beautiful showing all the silver and gold bathroom

Comment

I know there are different schools about cleaning a badge or not, but in this case I tend to agree with Jesus. There is IMO a major difference between a piece with honest dark patina (i.g. an Iron Cross) and one that is supposed to be shiny like the sun. Mind you, a recepient would never wear a distinguished Order like this in the shape shown here. Just my 2 bits.

cheers
            Peter

Comment

Originally posted by sang0plateau View Post
              hi, could you please show or tell where it's marked "21"?
              i'm not familiar to this model, only with the one stamped 900 and 21 on the pin.
              thank you!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X