Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knights cross, K&Q?

Hi,

saw this one today and started to look on it little more because it looked in the small pictures good, actually really good when I compared it against a K&Q knights cross.
    -Yes, the pictures are bad
    -No, I don't own a magic wand how I can make pictures better and neither am I a sorcerer

But to make it easier I zoomed in and made the pictures at least a maybe bit acceptable for you all.

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Looks just fine to me

Comment

It carries the story about "the widow of the KC recipent gave this to me..." and normally I don't belive these stories, but cross seemed OK so I needed to ask more opinions on it.

Thanks!

Comment

Anyone else wanting to share their opinion?

Would love more opinions!

Best regards,
          Daniel

Comment

Looks good to me too but photos are not the best.
            Best regards,
            Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

It is a good K&Q RK. -Ger

Comment

Thanks a lot my friends!
                I trust on these opinions and my own enough now, no more comments needed

Comment

Looks OK to me.
                  Have you been offered this by a private source or by a dealer?
                  Who ever the seller is, he must know the name of the receiptant.

Comment

A Private guy at an auction site.
                    Looks like the guy closed tha auction afte realizing that his Iron cross 2nd class was something else...

Bad for me, good for him

Comment

Originally posted by Dansson View Post
                      A Private guy at an auction site.
                      Looks like the guy closed tha auction afte realizing that his Iron cross 2nd class was something else...

Bad for me, good for him
                      You should have immediately contacted him for a private sale! It is a good K&Q RK, priced as an EK 2!!

Comment

Well similar chances will come in smaller and bigger scales
                        Just a matter of time, and the bidding could have reached a few thousand euros or stayed low if the right counter bidder had popped up.

Eyes open for the next chance to make a score. Usually the chances get a sudden turn and end up failing but sometimes you are lucky

Thanks for the comments!

Regards,
                        Daniel

Comment

K&q

Cross looks good. The swastika looks strange, maybe like new painted.

Comment

Emailed seller and told him about the RK, that was before this thread. He is a relative to the recipient that died last year and did not know what he had. Research goes on and in time lets hope the recipients name will be told and the widow can make a fair call if she wants to keep it or not.

Streptile helped with the ID and seller will contact Dietrich Maerz for opinion and info. Hopefully it will help a bit with timeframe of the K&Qs.

Comment

I think it was the right thing you did, to inform the seller about the cross in this case, even if this really messed up my plans.

Well, looks like there is still several years of saving ahead for a RK

Bra och Àrligt jobbat!

Best regards,
                              Daniel

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X