Juncker EKI SB two disc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Juncker EKI SB two disc

I just received the EKI on left side from Stefan and it has raised questions. I have taken pictures showing mine on the right and the new one. There are several differences between the two:

Left - non-mag
    Right - mag

The date is different when compared.

Then the weight:

Left: 26 g
    Right: 19 g

Measurement:

Left:

Height: 44,94 mm
    Width: 44.90 mm

Right:

Height: 44.16 mm
    Width: 44.19 mm

Thickness:

Left: 1.43 mm
    Right: 1.28 mm

The left is convex (appears to have been done at factory), the right is flat. Both are one piece.

I would like your opinions on these two crosses as to whether they are both Junckers or by different makers?

Jim
    Attached Files

date

Date

Top is left, bottom is the right
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Jim,

I see two different EKs here:
      • A three-piece Juncker with a W&L frame and core (left), and
      • A one-piece EK by an unknown maker who some (including myself) have speculated could be related to Juncker, but is not Juncker (right).

I find both nice, original and uncommon.
      Best regards,
      Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Hi Trevor, are there any new investigations on the one-piece variant? It sounds that you are very sure that it is not made by Juncker.

greetings, Stefan

Comment

mistake

I got my EKs mixed up, the new one is on the right. So if I listed it as the left one it is instead the right one. Jim

Comment

Originally posted by StefanK. View Post
            Hi Trevor, are there any new investigations on the one-piece variant? It sounds that you are very sure that it is not made by Juncker.

greetings, Stefan
            Hi Stefan,

No, nothing new from my end.

I meant to say that a Juncker connection is speculative at this point. I can't say that they made it, or that they did not make it, with certainty. I have not seen proof either way.

Any new investigations on your end?
            Best regards,
            Streptile

Comment

Here is the most detailed and recent conversation I remember of this rare type.
              Best regards,
              Streptile

Comment

Hí Trevor
                For some reason I can not open this link
                and there did not read
                but I think this Jim cross is very similar to of the Deschler model than
                Juncker

(the inner corners and the date number )

Comment

Hi Trevor, no news with me as well.

I can only point out once more that i am very convinced that the "one-piece" EK1 is related to Juncker although it is hard to believe that Juncker had so many different variants.

The reasons for my opinion are:
                  • screwback: this exactly kind of screwback is known with a lot of Juncker medals
                  • design: the overall design of the cross reminds me a lot of the Juncker RK; especially the date, the ribbed portion and last but not least the whole proportion of frame and core. Not to Forget the cross hatching....
                  • the hook of this very variant (on pinback versions) consists most of the time of a piece of wire that structured in a very particular way. I encountered that exactly type of hook with marked Juncker crosses as well.
                  On the contrary i dont find a single characteristic that makes me believe this crosses being made by Deschler.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi Jim .... as pointed out - 2 different makers . The left cross is a 3 piece ,
                    Nice crosses both .

Douglas

Comment

[QUOTE]I can only point out once more that I am very convinced that the "one-piece" EK1 is related to Juncker although it is hard to believe that Juncker had so many different variants.

Stefan - I am certain myself that a Juncker connection exist - Deschler may have made the one piece for Juncker - trial die ... possible .-- bead similarities exist .

Variants ... more - than one would expect .... - if you have the Deschler book - go over page 45 . The different `Muster` indicate the existence of variants .

Douglas

Comment

thanks

Thanks to everyone concerning these two crosses. Jim

Comment

Originally posted by StefanK. View Post
                          I can only point out once more that i am very convinced that the "one-piece" EK1 is related to Juncker...
                          I agree.

But that doesn't necessarily mean the maker is Juncker.
                          Best regards,
                          Streptile

Comment

thanks everyone as well. Douglas, i unfortunately dont have the book.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X