2 Cloth DKiG from Veteran Source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Cloth DKiG from Veteran Source

From a recently closed internet auction, I picked up these 2 Cloth DKiG examples. The auction featured a large number of items brought back by one U.S. veteran. I looked over all his offerings and they were all originals, a real contrast to what I have seen on most other internet auctions.

The one on the left may be an unmarked Type 1 and the one on the right is a Type 1, marked for Hermann Schmuck & Cie. The gold wreaths look to have the same flaw in their "9s", just one wreath is brighter than the other.

In comparison, the left one has a rougher, darker green wool base, silver thread of the starburst is narrower, and the small silver metal ring has a rectangular cross section.

The one on the right has a finer, lighter green wool base, the silver thread starburst is broader, and the small silver metal ring has a rounded cross section (not what is expected to be seen on Hermann Schmuck & Cie examples).
    Attached Files

Both are very nice crosses, in splendid condition. Congratulations!

s/f Robert

Comment

As I said before, two nice originals

Andy

Comment

Very nice! Congratulations on the new acquisition.
        -Calvin Hall, repressed Appalachian American.

Desperately seeking a Juncker Knights Cross ribbon loop and well used Knights Cross ribbon!!!

Comment

Very nice crosses, both are type 1
          Congrats

Nicola

Comment

Very very nice

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X