Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Juncker l/12 oakleaves for review

Hello to everyone,

I was offered today for purchase the Junker Oakleaves whose pictures are posted below. Would much appreciate the expertise of the forum regarding to authenticity.

Last "0" of the 800 mark seem to have been weak struck like on Iqbal Robert set that comes with an expertise by Dietrich:

And the obverse seem to have the same flaws as the below pictured set posted here in the WAF by Dietrich as a template for the good Juncker ones:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ght=red+arrows

Here both sets side to side for comparison:

Many thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Viriathus; 02-23-2015, 04:04 PM.

I don't think so ...
    Dietrich
    B&D PUBLISHING
    Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich Maerz View Post
      I don't think so ...
      Dietrich
      Hi Dietrich,

Not good in your opinon?

Comment

Looks like a cast copy! Originals don't have holes and not that color. Plus other things.
        Dietrich
        B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich Maerz View Post
          Looks like a cast copy! Originals don't have holes and not that color. Plus other things.
          Dietrich
          Hi Dietrich,

Thank you for your comment, the expert is you not me, but in case I could not see any holes in this set and as you should know silver can take many different shade including this bluish-grey patina. I have some other silver things at home that shows a similar patina...

Are these definitely fake in your opinion?

Comment

Yes.
            B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Hi guys I am the owner of these Oaks and take on board all comments. I'm Keen to learn from you guys with many more years of experience. I can say the blue/black colour is a tarnish and as it seems I have nothing to loose I am going to break a habit of a lifetime and clean the item to see what it looks like underneath.
              Hi Dietrich I'm also curious as to what you now find different. I sent these same pictures to you about nine months ago when you said they looked promising and a hands on inspection was warranted ?

Comment

Most likely the pictures were different and/or I did not see this hole and this pattern. "Promissing" doesn't mean "original" and I stick to what I always say: you need to have them in hand to be sure one way or the other. Didn't we discuss that you should send them? Why don't you do that now. If they are good, it is worth the money. If not ... And don't clean them!
                Attached Files
                B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Thanks Dietrich I will get it organised, I will be in touch. (Same pictures)
                  Nick

Comment

Hello! Is there any update regarding to authenticity of these Oakleaves?

Comment

Is there any change the area pointed out by Dietrich is just damage ? It sure looks like cast-pitmarks, but can you be sure ?

Chris

Comment

I will take some better pictures as there are no other signs of casting and the flaws that should be there are.

Comment

Ive studied juncker oaks for years and i can only say that for me they are 100% original.

Comment

Better pic's will certainly help settle this Tom

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                            X