Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese made EKI?

Hello,
    Thank you for any help or advice you have on this one! I came across this EKI and I know that there ha been a previous discussion on here about these and it was mentioned in the Williamson book. However I wanted to get your opinions on this one. Williamsons book said that they were made of solid silver however this one and I believe the one that was discussed previously on here is magnetic. The other strange thing (to me) is that the hinge uses a screw instead of a pin. Please take a look at the pictures and let me know if you would like to see any additional pictures or details that I did not already show. Thank you again for any thoughts or opinions.
    Thanks,
    Kevin
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Kbraafladt; 01-27-2015, 03:01 PM.

More
    Attached Files

Comment

Last
      Attached Files

Comment

I found these pics on the net from another forum
        Attached Files

Comment

Back
          Attached Files

Comment

next
            Attached Files

Comment

IMO, recognized the pattern of the cross EK1 war-time produced in Japan is different - this cross presented by you, in my opinion is a post-war.
              Please looks on photos (photos are not mine)

Regards
              Jarek
              Attached Files

Comment

yes, I read this the time made one piece and solid silver
                I like it
                this the piece yet missing my collection
                Originally posted by Kbraafladt View Post
                Last

Comment

Well I wouldn't count this cross out,looks similar to this one in a clip from the Dietrich/Simpson EK1 book
                  Attached Files

Comment

1st cross posted appears to be a common one piece fake with Japanese stamp added- I have one somewhere without the stamp.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick W View Post
                      1st cross posted appears to be a common one piece fake with Japanese stamp added- I have one somewhere without the stamp.
                      serious question, so all authentic Japanese EK's are three piece just like their German counterparts?

William Kramer
                      Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

The frame design of the first EK1 reminds me on Round 3 Fakes.

http://www.ek1-dna.de/fakes-part-2----kopien-teil-2.php

Here a picture of an L/11 marked Screwback Frankenstein combined with a Round 3 Fake-Frame.

The Picture from DM's EK1 book is too bad to see if we talk about the same frame design. And it could be also very interesting from what source this EK1 could be.
                        Attached Files

Comment

+1
                          Originally posted by beuwulf View Post
                          well i wouldn't count this cross out,looks similar to this one in a clip from the dietrich/simpson ek1 book

Comment

Hello,
                            Thank you for the opinions. I know this is a tough one. I got it from a friend who is a picker and he purchased it at a yardsale. He did not pay much for it and there was no story to go with it. Anymore opinions or thoughts? Would any more pictures of scans help?
                            Respectfully,
                            Kevin

Comment

Hí Kevin
                              put up better quality photos
                              Originally posted by Kbraafladt View Post
                              Hello,
                              Thank you for the opinions. I know this is a tough one. I got it from a friend who is a picker and he purchased it at a yardsale. He did not pay much for it and there was no story to go with it. Anymore opinions or thoughts? Would any more pictures of scans help?
                              Respectfully,
                              Kevin

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X