Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a tribute to B.H. Meyer the russian horde

Hi,

Here is my tribute for the EK1 that the time never pass, the mm26 Bernard Heinirich Mayer, Pforzheim, it's called in collector's wold the Russian Horde. Today I recive the tipical cased for mm26 EK1. It's a litlle yellow but it is original.

I have some question from my ignorance, Should I safe the Ek outside the box because can be damaged by the box because it is a litlle disrepair?

Thanks for your tips.

Ek1 mm26
    Attached Files

the box
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Raftur,

Perfectly mint EK set
      I would keep it out of a case.

Comment

Very nice cross

Andy

Comment

A beautiful example Raftur

Here is my contribution to the tribute

Nick
          Attached Files

Comment

Beautiful cross

Is the 'Russian Horde' the source for the mint BH Mayer EKI Spangen as well ?

Ian

Comment

Ian,

The answer is a qualified 'No'. According to individuals involved with the original purchase and subsequent sale of the 'Horde", it consisted of cased EKI's only.

Regards,

Ed

Comment

Ah right, thanks for telling me ... sorry to sideline the thread with my spange

Ian

Comment

A nice cross for sure . But .... absolutely do not store the cross in the box !! It is moisture trap as the case material holds moisture .
                  The cross I keep in an airtight - chemical neutral - container bag .... and the case as well ( with silica packets) . I leave a piece of paper in the case so I know what cross it is for .

Douglas

Comment

Thanks Doulgas,

Of course I have all my adwards with silcal gel, but my question is If I can guard the ek inside the box with silcal gel around it? I don't know if the yellow cloth can damage the iron cross.

it can be a stupid doubt.

Comment

I store my crosses in their cases. I think it's just a matter of preference.
                      Best regards,
                      Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Originally posted by streptile View Post
                        I store my crosses in their cases. I think it's just a matter of preference.
                        Same here. Had no issues. I guess if you live on the ocean it might.

Comment

Does anyone think keeping crosses in plastic wallets could be a problem?

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas 5 View Post
                            The cross I keep in an airtight - chemical neutral - container bag .... and the case as well ( with silica packets) . I leave a piece of paper in the case so I know what cross it is for .

Douglas
                            Originally posted by Woolgar View Post
                            Does anyone think keeping crosses in plastic wallets could be a problem?

Nick
                            I'd be interested to know this as well - and what plastic wallet/pouch is the best/safest.

Exactly what do you use Douglas?

Matt

Comment

I purchased my own "mini-horde" several years ago. These had been stored in an attic in the Midwest probably since the vet brought them home at War's end. In the second picture the one on the left had seen some obvious exposure over the years but the one on the right was as pristine as the day it was made. Some of the medals are obviously not in original boxes and had been shuffled about apparently over the years.
                              The one on the right is still in my own collection and remains stored in it's original box. Granted the humidity is very low where I live in the Southwest but I would still leave it in it's original box.
                              N.B: These items had apparently been "liberated" from a storeroom or shop as the HJ buckles still have their RZM tags attached.
                              Jim
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by james m; 06-11-2014, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X