Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KC Collecting

Hi everyone

I've been lurking on the forums for a while now, and after purchasing and reading Dietrich's book i'm keen to buy a KC.

Just wondering if anyone knows a good website, or if any of you are selling an authentic KC?

Thanks

Several factors you also need to consider after reading the book:
    1.Which maker( eg, Junker, S&L..etc) you prefer?
    2. Then which marking you prefer?
    3. Cased or not?
    Talking about dealers, I recommend Wolfe, Jason Burmeister. For web site, try H. Weitze's one.
    Lastly, any technical question, contact WAF (Mr. Maerz, Leroy, Pieter Verbruggen( I hope Pieter is still around ; pm him if necessary )

Comment

Philipp Militaria is a good place to try. Tom

Comment

You need to remember to sort things with the customs people too as it will be way over our $1000 tax free limit. Welcome to WAF from South Australia

Comment

Originally posted by Tony T-S View Post
          You need to remember to sort things with the customs people too as it will be way over our $1000 tax free limit. Welcome to WAF from South Australia
          Good Point, Thanks I would never have thought of that.

I think I want to look at purchasing anything but a S&L. I'm skeptical as to my ability to pick a fake marked as an S&L.

Comment

Just post anything here and run it by everyone. Not a cheap purchase by any means, so worth doing the homework and the preparations. If you know how much tax you'll face before hand then you can factor it in. The other option is an RK from AU somewhere, but that really limits the field as far as selection is concerned.

Comment

emedals..

Comment

Originally posted by kraut72 View Post
                emedals..
                Prices are WAY to high !

Comment

Originally posted by Tony T-S View Post
                  Just post anything here and run it by everyone. Not a cheap purchase by any means, so worth doing the homework and the preparations. If you know how much tax you'll face before hand then you can factor it in. The other option is an RK from AU somewhere, but that really limits the field as far as selection is concerned.
                  Ya and good luck with that !

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Morris View Post
                    I think I want to look at purchasing anything but a S&L. I'm skeptical as to my ability to pick a fake marked as an S&L.
                    Although I can understand it, it always saddens me that S&L crosses are the "last on the list" for many new collectors. To me, they are the finest crosses, in terms of both design and construction, and it is pretty straightforward to tell good from bad. Just get an "A" type or a "935-4" or "800-4" of the "B" series. There are other "B" types which are perfectly good in my opinion (and also that of Pieter Verbruggen and others), but those can be left to more experienced collectors, at least initially. You can always post here before buying.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Morris View Post
                      Good Point, Thanks I would never have thought of that.

Don't write off an S&L cross. The quality is good, the prices are reasonable, and the history is just the same. There are plenty of resources and people on the forum that can help you find a good one.

Regarding the issue of tax you have three choices:

1. Under declare the value and take the risk of it being under insured;

2. Declare the full value and pay the tax; or

3. Fly there and pick it up and tell the bloke at customs it is an earing.

Option 3 can be the cheapest and safest.

Welcome to the forum, and good luck with your hunt.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Tom B View Post
                        Prices are WAY to high !
                        and?

Comment

A nice cased example with some provenance just sold at CG last auction just short of 15k.

Comment

Originally posted by robs View Post
                            A nice cased example with some provenance just sold at CG last auction just short of 15k.
                            Yes, it was a very nice Juncker 800 L/12.

Comment

What Exile said. Flying there is the most enjoyable way, but paying the tax is the simplest. The other option is not a wise one when you're dealing with something that costs 10K+ (for the info of the rest of the world our tax free limit is 1K, much better than many places actually). I agree with Leroy, there's nothing wrong with an S&L, but my preference is for a K&Q, cheaper as well.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X